Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call multiple extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slimsteve

Technical User
Jun 10, 2003
GB
Hi

Is there anyway to call a group of extensions at once or in a specific order and then play a simple recorded message back to them?

Thanks

Steve

Perhaps an autodial? What are you trying to do?

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

Basically we have an operator who has to call the same extensions at certain times of the day, but instead of them having to dial each seperately, speaking the same message, then hanging up, they have asked if there was a way to do this automatically i.e they record a message somewhere, then the system calls each extension and plays back the pre-recorded message.

Hope that makes sense?

Make a group list in audix and just send them a vmail?

-CL

That would be the best. I think you could use a telephone loudspeaker group, also.

Susan

Create a group page, with the extensions you want to call. make the call to the group, then conference in the announcement number you want to play.

Voila!!! All extensions get answered and the pre-recorded announcement plays.

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Silly question, how do you setup a loudspeaker group?

Ok, I have setup a group in "GROUP PAGING USING SPEAKERPHONE" and a "grp-page" button on my phone, which seems to work i.e. each phone screen shows the relevant page and the speaker buton is on, but they cannot hear anything??

Any ideas why not?

Thanks

Steve

Slimsteve,

As long as I know group-page work in one way only... just as an overhead page but using the speakerphone.

Make sure that the "speakerphone" setting on page 1 of the station is set correctly. What phone type are you using?

Susan

Thanks for all you help, I have found the issue was the COR on the group page, once it was changed matched the appropriate level it works fine.

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back