Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Monitoring on 2616

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volguy7

Technical User
Dec 30, 2002
US
I support a product which is setup to passively monitor 2616's at the station block. Here is the station programming:

<Name>
DES <Des>
TN 036 0 06 09
TYPE 2616
CDEN 8D
CTYP XDLC
CUST 0
AOM 0
ERL 0
FDN 53777
TGAR 1
LDN NO
NCOS 3
SGRP 0
RNPG 1
SCI 0
SSU
LNRS 16
XLST
SCPW 1234
CLS CTD FBD WTA LPR PUA MTD FNA HTA TDD HFD
MWA LMPN RMMD SMWD AAD IMD XHD IRD NID OLD VCE DRG1
POD DSX VMD SLKD CCSD SWD LNA CNDA
CFTD SFD MRD DDV CNID CDCA MSID DAPA BFED RCBD
ICDD CDMD LLCN MCTD CLBD AUTU
GPUD DPUD DNDA CFXD ARHD FITD CNTD CLTD ASCD
CPFA CPTA ABDD CFHD FICD NAID BUZZ AGRD MOAD AHD
DDGA NAMA
DRDD EXR0
USMD USRD ULAD RTDD RBDD RBHD PGND OCBD FLXD FTTU DNDY DNO3 MCBN
CDMR PRED MCDD T87D PKCH
CPND_LANG ENG
RCO 0
HUNT 53777
LHK 4
PLEV 02
PUID
DANI NO
SPID NONE
AST
IAPG 0
AACS NO
ITNA NO
DGRP
PRI 01
MLWU_LANG 0
DNDR 0
KEY 00 ACD 56568 0 1255
AGN
01 NRD
02 MSB
03 SCR 56486 0 MARP
CPND
NAME <Name>
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
04 SCR 46486 0 MARP
CPND
NAME <Name>
XPLN 17
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
08 TRN
09 AO6
10 DWC 56568
11 PRK
13 SCR 58623 0 MARP DO NOT RECORD THIS EXT.
CPND
NAME PL
XPLN 13
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
14 MWK 53777
DATE 6 JUL 2011

The challenge here is that the site wants to record everything BUT calls to Key 13. This means that for every call this station could take, there needs to be some unique call identifier in the name display. For calls to the ACD (Key 0) I see:

Info 0 Channel 3[1254] Msg==> 56568 1 <==

In my message stream. But for calls to Key 13 (for example) I see Channel 2[1255] Msg==> 9655443111 <== which is the caller id for my number. What would you recommend so that incoming calls to these keys produce a consistent display message?

///////
| 0 0 |
----0000---0000------------------------

You can't fix stupid, you can only work around it.

Just spit balling here, no clue if this will work or not .... what would happen if you were to MARP the number on key 13 to a phone that is not monitored by the system, or at least would pull the information against a phone with a different main DN? Use a number out of your range and do not run reports on it. Make sure it is forwarded to voice mail if needed though. This may not work and it would take a little experimenting to see for sure, but if it does, it's an easy fix.

Thanks trvlr1, for taking the time. I left Nortel programming about 10 years ago, so now I'm just a pesky vendor trying to explain to the onsite Nortel tech what to do, so forgive my ignorance. Would you elaborate a bit more on what you're suggesting here?

///////
| 0 0 |

It appears to me that if your call monitoring system is connected at the TN level then you are going to get all audio information across that TN. It wont have any idea what key is being used. I have been involved in a few of these installs using a DAC and there was another product out there that actually had a dialogic borad in it that you bridged the TN to. Kinda depends on what the system is and how configurable it is.

I have dealt with this type of recording devices and you can not split it, it recordes everything

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

The integration board is Audiocodes. There's not a whole lot of control on call events at that level, you just get what you get.

///////
| 0 0 |

My question is, why would a certain MARP key produce a unique name/number on incoming calls, but not for other keys? So in the example above, what's the difference between Key 0 and Key 13, other than the fact that key 0 is an ACD line.

///////
| 0 0 |

Generally speaking if you're tapping the TN, it will record *everything* on that phone.

However, the EDAC product line by Citel (formerly DTI/MCK) has D/A converter that will do a selective record for everything except keys 8-11; and they also have a 3-button select recording D/A converter that will record only keys 0-2.

When I say "record", the product just does a D/A conversion for keys 0-7 and 12-15 on the selective record card, and keys 0-2 on the 3-button select recording card. You'll need an analog recorder and depending on the recording product you have, you may also have to get relay cards for the EDAC as well to tell it when to start/stop recording.

Thanks to all who posted. We're just going to record all calls to each TN.

///////
| 0 0 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back