Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call Microsoft oulook from a Batch File 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAQAQM

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2005
FR
Dear Gurus,

I would like some help. I need a code of command line(.bat) which calls Microsoft outlook and automatically attaches file from the C:\drive to send the email automatically also.

please help on that. if i just have a code of batch file which calls outlook and attaches file, I would be very greatfull.

thanks
Augusto

Ok, sorry for the multiple responses, but if you want to "authenticate" within the vbscript, you can; however, that means you'll need to put a username and password within the script. Not the most secure method, but it will work. Perhaps your exchange admins would even be willing to give you a generic account for this if they're not willing to open up the relay for unauthenticated users.

Now i discussed with exchange admin, has opened an exception with ironport we use by allowing the IP address of my server to send email through the port 25. and it worked. I received the emails from the script and other also who I have sent, thanks man for your great help!
AQM

You're very welcome. I even got to learn something myself. I didn't know you could use authentication in the vbscript as that last link points out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back