Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager to Bogen for Overhead Paging

Status
Not open for further replies.

FONEGUY

Technical User
Jan 28, 2002
US
Can anyone provide guidance on connecting a VIC3-2FXS/DID module to a Bogen paging system ? We recently installed a Cisco VOIP/CM system , replacing a Nortel Norstar that was connected to a Bogen TPU60b amp via a ZPM3 , 3 zone paging module . The vendor that installed the Call Manager provided the VIC3-2FXS/DID card and TMB2 but could offer no instructions on how to connect to the two devices together . The vendor have the paging DN programmed .
I'm 1500 miles away from the site , need this info to send to a local vendor that knows ZERO about VOIP and paging systems . From what I gather , the DID port connects to the TMB2 which connects to the ZPM3 , the ZPM3 connects ( is already connected ) to the Bogen TPU60b amp . What is needed to connect the DID card to the TMB2 ?

Thanks in advance for any info !

Not having the gear right in front of me immediately, you need to have a an RJ11 plug into one of the ports on the FXS card, and connect into the TMB2. Do you know if the router/gateway the FXS card is inserted on configured as H.323 or MGCP Gateway? Makes a difference in the programming.

Big warning if this hasn't already happened, make certain the router/gateway is powered off completely before inserting the FXS card into the chassis. These are not hot-swappable, and you will blow out either the card or the slot on the router/gateway.

We were in the same situation here, of "here's your gear, good luck" but we have been able to figure it out and it's typically been quite easy. Key difference however, is we've used FXO cards instead of FXS...for some reason they have been more reliable.

I'll try to get more information once I can get in front of the setup again.

You can use either FXS or FXO ports. I have never personally used an FXS card but have hooked TAMB's up to VG2XX's before.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice

I have as well, however I have experienced disconnect supervision issues using the the VG224, expecially using the TAM2

Thanks for everyone's input . Waiting on the local vendor to hook up .

Put the Norstar back in. I bet the Norstar vendor installed it right the first time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back