Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager One way Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
I have an Avaya 8700 and a Call Manager 4.2 connected using H.323 IP Trunks. I can call from the Avaya to the Cisco perfectly. But cannot call to the Avaya from the Cisco at all.

Are the only two things needed to be configured in the Cisco Call Manager the Route pattern and the Gateway? Feels like something is missing...

I had the same problem a while ago. I was told by an Avaya BP to add another sig group. This time just put the Clan address in the near end and nothing in the far end. Basically any all regardless of the IP will be able to ring in. It works.

You will get a message about a possible DOS (Denial of Service) attack when you set this up though.

Mentallimit,

Does the Call Manager use a Loopback Interface like the CAll Manager Express?

Mentallimit,

Did you solve your problem? If so, what was the fix?

Quazimotto

Quaz. Did you try adding another sig group but NOT placing anything on the Far End node name? I bet it allows calls just like mine did.

Matt,

I didn't try your suggestion yet. WOuld you explain, please, in more detail?

Quaz

Ok. I was having the exact same problem you are having. In fact I was having the "EXACT" problem that MentalLimit had. (Is that a good enough hint??*) I set it up and could only dial FROM the Avaya TO the CCM. But calls FROM CCM TO Avaya did not complete at all.

I talked to an Avaya "Engineer" who suggested I add another signaling group. Make it exactly like the other one you did for the CCM. But this time do not place anything in the "Far End Node Name". And nothing in the port.

It should look like this...
SIGNALING GROUP

Group Number: 104 Group Type: h.323
Remote Office? n Max number of NCA TSC: 0
SBS? n Max number of CA TSC: 0
IP Video? n Trunk Group for NCA TSC:
Trunk Group for Channel Selection: 41
TSC Supplementary Service Protocol: a Network Call Transfer? n
T303 Timer(sec): 10

Near-end Node Name: CLAN01A03 Far-end Node Name:
Near-end Listen Port: 1720 Far-end Listen Port:
Far-end Network Region: 8
LRQ Required? n Calls Share IP Signaling Connection? n
RRQ Required? n
Media Encryption? n Bypass If IP Threshold Exceeded? n
H.235 Annex H Required? n
DTMF over IP: out-of-band Direct IP-IP Audio Connections? n
Link Loss Delay Timer(sec): 90 IP Audio Hairpinning? n
Interworking Message: PROGress
DCP/Analog Bearer Capability: 3.1kHz

What he told me is that the CCM is either not coming in on the IP Address of the server or it is using a different port. So this basically allows calls form any IP and/or any Port.

After you create the 2nd Signal group then add a couple of IP ports to your existing trunk group for the NEW sig group. Then test. It should work perfectly.

*My old account got booted for placing my email up on the boards. OOPS!

Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I have an IPO I am trying to make this work with. It would seem that the 8700 and IPO both show the same symptoms when the Call Manager initiates the call to the Avaya products. Is it possible to translate your fix for the 8700 into a work around for the IPO?

Thanx/Quaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back