Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager One way Dialing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mentallimit

IS-IT--Management
Oct 3, 2006
I have an Avaya 8700 and a Call Manager 4.2 connected using H.323 IP Trunks. I can call from the Avaya to the Cisco perfectly. But cannot call to the Avaya from the Cisco at all.

Are the only two things needed to be configured in the Cisco Call Manager the Route pattern and the Gateway? Feels like something is missing...

h.323 how are your dial-peers setup on the gateway router?

[americanflag] Spc NVARNG
Tek-TIP Member 19,650

No dial-peers here since no gateway is involved. The gateway is the 8700 itself I assume.

Have you checked the MTP box and enable faststart on the gateway in ccm?

I mention GW because of the last sentence. Perhaps a topology would benefit us all.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650

Let me first say I have no CCM background. I have been working on Avaya for a couple of years.

I added a gateway and placed the Clan card IP address. Not the 8700 address. Is that correct? Like I said before, I can dial from Avaya to Cisco fine. But cannot dial from the Cisco to the Avaya. How would I check "dial-peers"?

The above cisco web page has some information you may require.

The things to remember is that call manager needs to have the gateway built, the route pattern needs to setup to connect the calls to the actual h.323 router ip address where you insert your dial-peers.

Here is an example of a dial-peer
dial-peer voice 100 voip
Destination-pattern 555.... <-- DN # to Avaya
session-target ipv4:192.168.1.1 <-- ip tp Avaya
dtmf-relay h245-alphnumeric

Also check out this site for more detail information.

Tek-TIP Member 19,650

I have been fooling with this for a while now. Still no progress. I opened a TAC with Cisco. After looking at the trace files they are telling me that the Call manager is setting up the call correctly and sending a "set-up" message to the 8700 but the Avaya is not responding.

Anyone run into this? Any ideas?

Mentallimit,

Greetings. I have been trying to get CME to call an IPO in a lab atmosphere. I am getting the same results. I can call the CME from the IPO. But not from the Cisco to IPO. I have SYSMON running and you can see the that the IPO gets a packet from the Cisco to setup a call.

Here is the message from SysMon:

944764223mS H323Rx: src=192.168.200.1:20162
H323 Pcol=08(Q931) Reflen=2 ref=0001(Remote)
Message Type = Setup

944764223mS H323Evt: v=0 stacknum=250 State, new=NullState, old=NullState id=-1
944764224mS H323Tx: dst=192.168.200.1:20162
H323 Pcol=08(Q931) Reflen=2 ref=0001(Local
Message Type = ReleaseComplete

944764231mS H323Rx: src=192.168.200.1:20162
H323 Pcol=08(Q931) Reflen=2 ref=0001(Remote)
Message Type = ReleaseComplete

944764231mS PRN: H323Sap::NullStateDLData --- Non-setup message addresses to a non-existing call.
Message ignored.

The IPO then releases the call and I hear a busy signal almost immediately. My symptoms are the same as yours and the 8700 and the IPO are both AVaya products, so there is a good chance that the answer to our problems is the same. I think we need to do something more to the Avaya products to respond to the Cisco platform.

Quazimotto

I opened a ticket with Avaya and they called in and tried to run a Trace Route to the Call manager. It will not complete. it fails after the first hop. They said this needs to be fixed and wouldn't do anything more with me until it is fixed.

I pulled the Call Manager offline and placed a laptop on the same cable with the same IP. Trace Route works fine. Cisco is trying to figure out why the Call manager won't respond to the Trace Route.

NO! And it is driving me nutz.

Where I am at currently is that Cisco is looking into why the Call Manager will not respond to the trace route. They asked me for a packet Capture on the router so I supplied that late last week. I will let you know what they say.

Do you have CSA running? CSA will deny any Trace to the callmanager.

Stay cool; it’s not over yet!

Cisco Security Agent...found it!

So if I turn it off I can now place a trace route to the CCM.

I will have to re-set up my lab and see if I can make calls from thh Cisco to the Avaya with that off.

Mentalimit,

Did the CSA thing work? If so, how do you turn it off? I cannot trace route to my Cisco.

Quaz

Well it worked as far as being able to trace route.

Open up your Services and look for a service labeled "Cisco Security Agent". Just stop it, (It will ask for authentication) and then try the trace route. Mine worked right away.

I still do not know if that solves my main problem though of one-way dialing.

Well it didn't help. Still unable to call from the Cisco to the Avaya equipment.

This is really getting stupid. I am sure it is some thing really small.

I have been searching the Net and found this...

Some of the documents mention that the Avaya 8700 needs a certain feature turned on. SA8507..."H245 Support With Other Vendors?"

Mine is set to "N". Where some of the doc's say it needs to be set to "Y"

For those that have this working correctly could you check your "disp sys spec" and see if this feature is turned on?

Mentallimit,

Greetings! I had a break-through!!! I changed the target IP Address on my IP trunk group going to my Cisco CME to the LoopBack Interface IP Address. Now I can call the Avaya IPO. The appropriate telephones ring when dialed, but no call completion. When I answer the call from the CME, the call disconnects. I tried turning off DIrect Media path and H.450 support separately and together. The calls still disconnect when I go off-hook. Any ideas???

Quaz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back