Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager Inbound Digit Manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xrayhead

Programmer
Jul 19, 2002
GB
Call Manager Inbound Digit Manipulation

Hi All

It seems I am doing something wrong as I’ve been pulling my hair out all day trying to place a call across two routers and onto my CallManager!

Here’s the setup I have, IP phone is connected to node 20 and calls using 7 digit dialling across the network to node 44 where CallManager is connected. I need the full 7 digits to travel my network and once they hit CM I want it to remove the first 3 digits and call an IP phone I have registered 3000.

So far I have achieved the following, I have a gateway configured on my CM and I have a 7 digit route Patten working to node 20 where IOS configuration is stripping the 3 digits. So outbound from the CallManager works fine!

The inbound is where I have the problem and I need to fix the following bellow.

User on Node 20 CME dials 7443000 and call is routed to CallManager on node 44.
Call Manager needs to remove the first 3 digits and call extension 3000 (IP Phone).

If anyone has an idea on how to get this working it would really help me out.

I have added an image so you can see what I'm talking about

callmanager.png

Xrayhead

Is the Node 20 router MGCP or H.323? I assume Node 20 has an FXS port in it??
Post your VoIP dial-peer configuration from Node 20.

Could you not use Translations on the CCM- create a translation of 744 and strip the first 3 digits and use a new CSS containing the partition of your extensions

Quote/ pndscm
Is the Node 20 router MGCP or H.323? I assume Node 20 has an FXS port in it??
Post your VoIP dial-peer configuration from Node 20.

Hi Pndscm
First of the entire network is VoIP at present. The gateways are configured as H.323 not MGCP and Node 20 has no FXS, it’s a Cisco 7970!

Here is the dial-peer from node 20
dial-peer voice 7443 voip
destination-pattern 7443...
voice-class codec 1
session target ipv4:192.168.1.11
dtmf-relay h245-alphanumeric

Quote/ iptuser
Could you not use Translations on the CCM- create a translation of 744 and strip the first 3 digits and use a new CSS containing the partition of your extensions

Hi iptuser
I have been trying to do the translation on Call Manager and I can’t get it to work!
This is the configuration I’ve tried;

On the Gateway I created a CSS called Translate_CSS this has Translate_PT as a selected partition within the CSS (although I don’t really understand the Partitions fully yet).

I then created a Translation Pattern and tried a load of different settings and wildcards but can’t get any to work. I’m not sure what to use for a private numbering plan.

Does this sound like I am on the correct path or am I doing it all wrong?

Also how do I create a partition of my extensions? I’m not sure what to put in the box when adding a new Partition!

I have attached an image of the Translation Pattern as well.
translationPattern.png

Go to you your Gateway on the CCM Web Admin (Device->Gateway) and scroll to Inbound Calls->Significant Digits->select 3. Save. The IOS should then strip the 3 left digits and forward it to the CCM.

JayD77

I will try the 3 on the gateway settings now. I was just ready to paste the following post as well!!

OK I’m getting my head around this a bit more and have tried the following.

I created the following;

7970Phones_PT and Inbound_IDC_CSS

I’ve placed my 7970 Phones into the 7970Phones_PT and placed the 7970Phones_PT into the CSS Inbound_IDC_CSS

I’ve also added the following to the Gateway I have;

Call Routing Information
Inbound Calls
Significant Digits All
Calling Search Space Inbound_IDC_CSS

So if I now create a new Translation Pattern do I add both the 7970Phones_PT and Inbound_IDC_CSS to the Pattern Definition?

Also note sure of the translation Pattern to use and also any settings that go into the following sections;
Calling Party Transformations
Connected Party Transformations
Called Party Transformations

Hope I’m on the correct path and thanks for the help so far.

Xray

In your translation pattern TP, put it in a PT that is in the Inbound_IDC_CSS. On the CSS of the TP, put a CSS that has the PT in it that Ext 3000 is in. The TP itself should be 744XXXX. In the Called Party Transformations, have it discard 3 digits. I don't have a CCM in front of me to tell you what the setting is.
A second easier way to do this is in Node 44, add this statement
num-exp 744.... ....
and change your VoIP Dial peer to send destination pattern 3... to the CCM. In CCM put a CSS on the Gateway that has the PT of the 3000 phone in it.

1. If you have no extensions with 7xxx as a prefix then you can assign any partition to the translation pattern but it may be best to create a new Partition called 744_partition- if you create a new partition remember you need to add it to the CSS of the inbound GW

2. Create a new CSS called CSS_TRANSLATION _744 ?and assign to this new CSS, the partition you have assigned to the extensions - It is important that the new translated number can "see" your extensions

3. Assign the translation pattern I would recommend 744.xxxx - if you have 4 digit extensions or 744.xxxxx 5 etc

4. Use discard digits of predot so it deletes the 744 leaving the xxxx

OK I've changed my Dial Plan a bit and I'm now dialling 732xxx into the Call Manager and need to strip first three digits.
I still can't get this to work so I have attached a flow diagram of what I have configured (see bellow).

CMInboundRouting.png

To test where you are failing. Put a phone in the same partition as the TP INBOUND_IDC_PT. Then make a call using the 732.xxxx - does it work?. I it fails change the route call to block call and select one of the reason codes which provides IVR such as precedence, this will confirm whether it is hitting the TP. You received the IVR then it is either a CSS of the TP or the discard digit issue. Perhaps then add a new line on the same test phone but allocate the extension 7321234 and choose "none" in the discard digit field so the call does not get translated at all. Dial the full number again

The discard predot will leave XXXX which will be 3000. the translation pattern needs to be in a calling search space that contains the partition of the phone 3000. That's if your still using partitions and calling search spaces. Apart from that, you can enable call traces in Cisco callmanager serviceability and check to see if the 732.XXXX is reaching the CCM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back