Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager - Hunt group forward to auto attendant 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

toddx4

Technical User
Aug 9, 2007
US
Hello all, here is the scenario that I need to make happen:

I already have a hunt group in CM (ext. 564-2000) that broadcast rings to 7 different extensions. I want this to ring for 60 seconds to these phones, and then give the caller the option to leave a VM for 2 of those phones. I built the Auto Attendant (564-0150) and it works correctly if I dial *564-0150 - I can leave messages for either of the 2 users as desired.

In the Hunt Pilot Cfg page of CM, I set up the Forward Hunt No Answer Destination to *564-0150 and filled in the correct CSS. When I dial the Hunt Group now, it gets me in to Untiy, but not to the AA. I get the generic "Hello. Cisco Unity connection messaging system. From a touchtone phone, dial a number at any time..." Not sure what I am missing, what needs to be done to make it go to my AA?

Any help is appreciated.

Does your Hunt Pilot Have a Unity Account? Also, I would recommend running Port Status Monitoring Tool while making the call. This will provide you a glimpse of what Call Handler your landing on since your not hitting the correct one. Update us when your get this information.

You probably could do this using a Forwarded Routing Rule in Unity Connection so that calls forwarded from the hunt pilot number will get routed to the pilot number for the call handler that provides the auto attendant function....

That's the way I'll do it, I think. Thanks for the input guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back