Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager 6.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wreed333

Technical User
May 10, 2004
US
Can I install CallManager 6.1 on any old Windows 2003 server? If not what do I need to do to trick it? I have done this once with 3.1 but forgot how.

Any links to some articles on how this is done would be good to.

Thanks

Dont know much myself just yet, but from version 5 windows is no longer supported it is linux based.

I heard that the new 7X will be able to use either Windows or Linux...

Can anyone help me out here, I have a copy of Call manager 6 ready to install on a compaq server for my CCVP studies.

Can anyone tell me how I cant get this onto a DVD so it boot from disk.

I have burnt it to DVD a couple times already but the server does not detect it. Normally you would burn the ISO to dvd but there is a lot of them in here and not sure what I should be looking ofr.

Can anyone help me out here, I have a copy of Call manager 6 ready to install on a compaq server for my CCVP studies.

Can anyone tell me how I cant get this onto a DVD so it boot from disk.

I have burnt it to DVD a couple times already but the server does not detect it. Normally you would burn the ISO to dvd but there is a lot of them in here and not sure what I should be looking ofr.

I assume you have downloaded the CCM 6.0 or 6.1 update from CCO, as you have noticed this isn't a bootable DVD. You need to get hold of an original CCM 6.0 DVD that is bootable (there are none available for download from CCO so don't expect to find one there...). Once you have this DVD you need an approved server (HP DL320 G2+, DL380 G3+ or some IBM servers, not sure what but they are listed on CCO). Apparently CCM 6 can also be installed on VMWare as this is now a recognised 'hardware' platform, however I haven't tried this but I have seen it in operation.
The DVD image you have is an upgrade and can only be used on an existing CCM 6.x installation.

HTH

Andy

I run a VMware server its free setup when setting it up specify the OS as red hat linux 3 and partition type as ext 3 and give it 80 gigs of HD space seet allocate hard drive space to NO it will grow as needed.

Of course theres more to it but this should get you started

I also installed CUCM 6 via vmware server and it runs fine.

I am new in CUCM 6 and have no experience at all. I just have played numerously with CME setup on a 2811 router. Then I desired to see how to setup and administer CUCM 6. Well, it take a lot of time to learn CUCM 6.

My reason to install CUCM 6 thorouh VMware server is for learning purpose only and grow enthutiasm in Cisco Voice technology.

By the way, could anyone let me know how to enable Cisco CallManager service. It was disabled by default on fresh install. I've tried to tinker with options inside the web based management, and CLI under linux, but not to avail

Kindly help me, as I am completely noob in CUCM 6.

Thanks.

The only way I know to keep CallManager service running on UCM 6.0 is to get a license file from Cisco. I assume this is another way of locking down the system so you can't buy 1 copy and put it on several servers. The license file is tied to the MAC address.

Cisco should give a 'demo' license for the system like they do for Unity but I've never heard of it yet.

I am playing around with CM 6 for the first time on vmware also. I understand you can't run the callmanager service without a license, but what exactly does that service do? Is it necessary to connect up a couple of phones for a test lab? Also, how can I get the TFTP service to start? I can just see that it is inactive, nowhere to configure or start it.

Thanks.

The only way I know to keep CallManager service running on UCM 6.0 is to get a license file from Cisco. I assume this is another way of locking down the system so you can't buy 1 copy and put it on several servers. The license file is tied to the MAC address.

Cisco should give a 'demo' license for the system like they do for Unity but I've never heard of it yet.

By default you get 50 DLU's and one CCM6 server license with a vanilla install of CCM 6.x. This will allow you to 'test' it.

Andy

Maybe the difference was that I was upgrading from a CCM 4.1.3 system when I did my installs. I will try it again someday with a new install on my disks, no upgrade. Now since I have the files, I can always go back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back