Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Manager 4 and trunk access codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdenunz

IS-IT--Management
Sep 17, 2004
US
Using call manager 4.0.2a with a Cisco3725 - NM-HDV /VWIC-2MFT-T1 connected to PBX using T1CAS and MGCP. My PBX needs to know what T1 trunk group I need to route the call on. i.e Local (1234) or Long Distance call (4321).

I created route pattern for 4321 to access LD trunk and I get trunk dial tone. I created route pattern for 1234 to access Local trunk and I get trunk dial tone.

This is great, but I need to incorporate this into my basic calling plan. So the user does not need to dial 1234 or 4321 then the number.

I tried using a route pattern 9.@ with prefix 1234, get fast busy.

I would say you should set up a tranlation pattern for LD calls and Local calls. Lets say your local area code is (305). So set up the route patterns

Example.

9.@
9.305xxxxxxx
9.1305xxxxxxx

because of closest match dialing local calls will go through the last two rout patterns. In those route paterns as you pass them off to the route list you can translate the numer. so exclude predot to drop off the 9 and then prefix the number with the 1234 or the 4321 accordingly. or you can change the numer how ever you need to in order for the PBX to dial it correctly.

Jaime

You can do whatever you want with route paterns.
for example if your local area code is 25 than you can add
in route patern 25XXXXXXXX, discard digits none and the user will dial for example 2534343746 and you do not need to make any access code for LD or for T1 trunk if you still have problems write I will explain you more details.

niti 82

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back