Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Logs

Status
Not open for further replies.

messi10

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2023
CA
Hi,

Our office has M7310 sets. We use these sets for calling internally within the office and externally as well.

We do have an issue where if I am on an internal call with a colleague in the office and if someone else in the office calls me it does not always show me the extension number of the person calling. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

Is there a setting that needs to be adjusted to fix this?

Or is there a way to access the call logs to check for internal missed calls?

Thanks

Internal calls are not logged.

What does it say?

It should say the name that is programmed, by default its the DN/Ext #

Do you have 2 working Intercom buttons or 1?
Feature * 0 = Button Inquirey, press any button to see what they do.
When pressing Intercom, it will show your DN/Ext #.

Does it ring while your still on the first call?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Thanks for your reply.

To clarify:
If i am on an internal call with another colleague, and i get another internal call from a different colleague sometimes the phone will display who is calling, other times it will keep showing the extension of who i am currently on a call with.

Yes I have 2 working intercom button. Both Intercom buttons display my extension

It will ring while I am on the first call but sometimes wont display the extension of who is calling.

I meant what you knew!

Wow...
I could not simulate this, even on the more advanced version "BCM".
I am using 1 T7316e digital Norstar set and 2 Nortel IP sets.

Not matter which combo I used with the 3 sets, none of the phones will show the DN/Name of the 2nd internal caller until as soon as I hang up with the current internal caller.

By fluke, because I was trying so many bloody combos, I had forgotten if I did a particular combo the right way I wanted, I re-tried and presto, it worked!
But discovered that it only worked if I tried twice, meaning if I called the busy set, the busy set does not show the DN/Name unless I dial it twice from the other set.

In more testing, I discovered that you must be on the call for more than 10 seconds before the DN/Name will show.

Do people normally call you the moment you call somebody else? or after somebody called you?
[clown]

Your testing:
The moment somebody calls and does not show their DN/Name, quickly do Feature 77 (Call Duration)
or better...
To program it to a button so it will be faster:
Feature * 3
Press a spare button
Feature

By the time you press the Call Duration button it might be a second or two gone by, so if you see 11 or 12 seconds or less on the display then you now know why it didn't show.

What model phone do you have? look under it from an M7XXX,T7XXXX or NT8BXXXX
Installing a a BLF, CAP or KIM (Add on module) will show you who is on the phone, might help a little.

Fun test.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Interesting!

It is usually some other users who gets this issue but it does happen to me occasionally.

I will try the Feature 77 when it happens again and check if the call is around 10 seconds or not.

We are using M7310 sets.

Can verify if you get another call in the beginning of your call, it wont show who the caller is.
Thanks for narrowing down the cause of the issue.

I wonder if there is any way around this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back