Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call logging with General Mailbox answering

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don783836

Programmer
Dec 16, 2007
CA
Hi all,
Can someone verify my thinking. If I have my sets set to log calls that go unanswered (not unanswered by me)and the analog lines are answered by the General Mailbox, I should not get any call logs because the call was answered by someone namely the voicemail system correct!

Incorrect. Any telephone that has a log and has the calls ringing on it will have a log entry.

True if your setting under call log preferences is for log all calls or calls unanswered by me. In this case calls ringing at a set will be logged if unanswered. My question is my setting is the 3rd choice log unanswered calls, but the voicemail general delivery box is answering the line on a call fwd no answer. Since the system sees the line as being answered by something instead of the call being terminated as seen by a hangup, will it log the call. I don't think it will, just looking for clarification on this setting and how it logs calls.

Thanks my friend, just wanted to get some additional feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back