Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call logging interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DevPlan

Technical User
Nov 25, 2002
DK
I have occasional problems concerning call-logging:
I have a BC10 and connected to its SIU port a serial line to a computer which runs a custum made call-accounting software. The problem is that occasionally the call output on the MD110 goes stuck with alarm number 75.
-----------------------------------------------
My EDICP:DEV=SI-0; is:
INTERFACE CHARACTERISTICS
DEV BAUDR WORDL STPBIT PARITY ELLEV PROC

SI-0 9600 8 1 NO V28 NO
------------------------------------------------
Basically I would like to use the ACK/NACK protocol but would need to know how the pinout (wiring) between SIU and the PC's serial comm port should be.
I would also need to know where I can buy an inexpensive external call buffer which works fine with the MD110.
I am located in Denmark.
Any help is appreciated.

Hi jay944
I am using 1 on DMPSIZ because the call accounting software I am running on the PC needs to be able to delete the authorization code on my MD110 as soon the user has used-up his phone-money and with 1k buffer the user could "overspend" his account too much. I.e. it permit's the caller to "overdraw" his account too much.

External call buffer. I could recommend Teleport III from Cristie. This is a buffer from 1Mbyte to 16Mbyte. I don't know if this still made however, as it is some years now since i used it.

BC11 of course gives you the option of using the HDU as a call buffer, or you could use the MD110 AAU2 card in BC10. Both of these are stricly not external, but dat will not be lost should the PABX 'fall over'.

Code 75 can mean DTR has gone low, from the external equipment, does your programme assetr DTR?

Devplan, this "charging" feature is implemented in BC12, you can assign MCOST parameter to an extension to define how many "units" it can call...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back