Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call logging/accounting (not recording) suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

fissure

ISP
Mar 7, 2003
GB
Hi there,

wondering what recommendations people have for collecting call logs from a Mitel 3300 CX, ideally via TCP/IP to port 1752, in order to provide a log of calls that can then be searched etc?

(eg some sort of Windows based application most likely. Logging to a database/ODBC would be of interest)

No ACD in use.
Mitel Version 7, moving to 8.

Mitel's own call accounting product says it is only available in:
Canada
Mexico
Puerto Rico
USA

I'm in the UK.

Thanks in advance, Neil.

If you are a handy man, you can create a simple perl script to retrieve records and parse them. In on-line documentation you can find detailed desctiption of SMDR format. Then put everything into a database and use any reporting software of your choice.

Its really a question of what you want to do with the data and how long you want to do it for;

The data can be easily captured by many programs (hyperterm for one) the format is fixed length fields so all you have to do is some string slicing (many databases or Excel can do this) and I can mail you the string table if you want it.

The problem is in archiving the data if you want call records going back over years then buy some call management software. Many, many years ago I once wrote some call management software and it took over a year.....

If I wanted any now I would buy it - but for short term, try hyperterm - save as ASCII - slice in Excel.

I've got a perl script that we run from windows scheduler on our ops manager box. It parses smdr log files and drops stuff in an SQL database. I'll drop you a sanitised copy if you want, you might be able to hack it into something useful...

Mawhin,

May I have a copy of the script too? I am having the same problem, and it looks like the script will help me.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back