Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call log

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongiul

MIS
Dec 6, 2004
CA
I have a Norstar-Plus Modular ICS 3.0 with a Callpilot 150 and I would like to log all incoming and outgoing calls made by my employees. I would like to see incoming or out going number dialed, time, and duration.

Just wondering if it is possible with my system or if I have to purchase an additional module.

Thanks,

Ron

CP is not supported on a MICS 3.0

You need to get an SMDR and a reporting software - to track calls made/ received

Thanks for the reply, but I hate to ask what is a SMDR. You also said "CP is not supported on a MICS 3.0" which I don't understand because that is what we have and it has been working for several years.

According to Nortel's compatability chart MICS 3.0 will not support the CallPilot. You may have it working but there may be other issues.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

To expand on DigitelD's comment, Nortel's compatibility matrix defines exactly which levels of hardware/software should work flawlessly together. For example, we had one customer who wanted us to add a Call Pilot to an earlier sw revision of CICS. They didn't want to pay to have their sw upgraded, but wanted the new voicemail anyway.

The CP worked fine, but every morning, the first person in would have to press feature 9*1 to get the system to recognize the voicemail again. They don't mind, though most of our customers would. (I know I would.)

I suppose if you can live with some occasional quirks, then stick with what you've got. If not, ask a local vendor about upgrading your phone system software.

We never had any problem with our system (not that I am aware of). I just find i funny that the phone company would package this and not only suggest it to us but sell it to us. I guess the tech/salesmen must get commission for the product and its support calls.

An SMDR is a "system message detail recorder" when you hook it up to a port off your system and you connect it to a PC running Hyperterminal you can capture the info out of the system and interpret the data to see who is making calls.

KDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back