Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call log on 4620 IP being erased nightly

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordy5535

Technical User
Jul 13, 2004
US
We are running an S8700 and CM1.1

Numerous, but not all 4620 IP phone users are reporting that their call log has mysteriously been erased overnight. Avaya originally suggested swapping out the phones, but after swapping one out, the problem did not clear up. All of the phones are at 2.4 firmware. My network engineers cannot find a problem on the Cisco Lan switches which have POE. Each phone has a laptop or desktop PC plugged into and the phone connects directly to our network.

Any suggestions ?

We have been receiving numerous reports of user's phones rebooting out of the blue. When this happens their Call Log is wiped out as well. I'm not finding much in CM to guide me to what might be happening, so I'm going to have to go to our data folks. Not really looking forward to that since the voice guys are usually guilty until proven innocent. If I am able to find anything I'll repost to see if that helps you out.

hi Jordy - check your c-lan used by the offending phones - we find one of ours used to drop during maintenance causing the same thing, phones logs back on and looks ok but logs has disappeared... phones will also appear in the history as logging off and back on. hth

Thanks for that response. Where would I see the history of IP phones logging on and off ?

you have to turn on IP Registration for the history log, this is found on page 2 of your change system features

>mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back