Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Log Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTechNerd

IS-IT--Management
Aug 23, 2007
US
Hello again everyone. I setup call logs on our system for one specific extension, but they're not working. let me give some history.

system specs:
BNR Mics 2.0 Working Issue 4.05
ST Flash 1.7.00

the extension is 224 and 3 other extensions have 224 Answer DN's setup.

I went into F*84 and set auto log to log all calls.
I logged in as an installer and went into term&sets > 224> Telco features> Log Space, and set it up for log: 100 Pool: 500
I went into F*85 and set a log password.

Throughout the night that extension received calls (the AA is setup to direct calls there when someone dials 3)

When we came in to work today, I went into F812, input the password, and it said the log was empty. I know we received calls at night as they are redirected to an external number for "night tech".

we want the log setup so if a customer states that they called and nobody answered, we can pull it up in the log to find out.

what am I doing wrong? thanks in advance

i don't think so, i think it's auto routing to the external number. even when the call is coming in while we are here though, it just shows up as Line 001.

am i missing something?

1st- do you have CID from telco????
2nd- trunks must ring 2 time before answered
3rd-must have external cfwd min 2 rings and not line redirect
4th- must have 4.1 software or higher to use external cfwd

i know we have external call forward, as that's what we're doing every night.
concerning CID setup on telco, i'll look into that.

how do i setup external cfwd to ring twice before forwarding?

you cant have ext call forward due to software release.You r using line redirect feature..not same thing..must upgrade to get Caller id to register..Once on correct software you would program system to use routing and allow redirect on ext to be forwarded and program set to fna 2 rings to external number

If you're forwarding the line using a telco feature, it's normal that you're not getting the caller id info at night ..

You need to program the set to display caller-id (same general area that you setup the call log space)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back