Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Log Action

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgrossman

Technical User
May 31, 2011
US
IP Office, version 9.1..

Customer complained that if you are in your call log and pickup the phone, the phone calls the number for the call log entry. I am pretty sure this is normal operation, but is there any way to disable this?

Thank you!

This doesn't happen on my system.
SE 9.1.8
56xx, 9608 and 16xx phones.

no it should prompt you to hit the call button

This happens on our system too. I just tried it. We are running SE 10.0.2. This particular customer is running Embedded voicemail version 9.1.8.

Press History
Scroll to any entry
Pick up handset
Calls the entry selected

It always happens, at least it always has for me, customers love it, why search for then pause at that number and go off hook if yoi dont want to call it? :)

I agree; this is the first time a customer had ever mentioned it. Since some people say it does not happen on their system and others say it does, this has to be a setting. I just have no idea what it would be called.

Try to disable User > Telephony > Multi-line Options > Idle Line Preference - Default = on and see what happens.

As far as I can remember it will call then number shown when you lift the handset, both from call log and redial.

Disabling Idle Line Preference will not affect that, it will only cause the phone not to pick a line when you lift the handset forcing you to press a CA button to dial.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

If you're in the call log or redial list while the phone starts ringing you will need to either press PHONE/EXIT before lifting the handset or press the ringing CA button.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back