Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call listen to Parked calls 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhashiNoel

Technical User
Nov 21, 2009
BR
Is there a Call listen to parked calls? It would be a very interesting tool: as the caller listens to hold music, agents may decide who´s willing to remain on hold and also, it would make agents more aware of which call to continue with.

If you have time to listen to calls it might be time better spent actually answering them.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

I am sure that this (or a reasonable facsimile thereof)can be achieved. However, I would strongly advise against it for legal and ethical reasons. My conscience prohibits me from sharing how in this public forum.

Thanks to technology, we can instantly communicate across the world, but it still doesn't help us know what to say.

It is possible, in a fashion, but I won't share how either, because what you're suggesting is a C&@#s trick :)

Some people have a very fertile mind. People, people, people. I said: by having this feature, agents could have a precious feature available and, for SECURITY reasons, Im not gonna list here how this could be precious for business (credit card COs, for instance)

Xima Chronicall will do this the recording is available after the fact though.

Q: What do you get if you cross a creek and a brook?

A: wet.

Mute is also good.

Q: What do you get if you cross a creek and a brook?

A: wet.

So if you do this and listen to someone who is on hold and hear them spouting off four letter words about your company and its lack of customer service, then you'll pick up the call? Seems that a better customer service trick would be answering the call and taking care of the customers concern.

I don't understand the issue here. There already is a feature to listen to parked calls. I'm pretty sure it's been around since 1.0. It's called "answer".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back