Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Linking 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 3, 2005
US
I hvae a customer who wants to set up conferance calls with multiple inside and outside calls. This is a real estate sales company and they have weekly sales meetings and they want to hold them via a teleconference.

I have linked three calls together before for a 3 way call but how about several calls and what happens if a caller drops or new callers want to join during the conferance.

Any suggestions?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

"You're Never Alone When You're Near A Phone!"

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Is thia part of the system a software feature or a seperate piece of equipt? I was just considering using an outside automated conferance service instead of spending money on more hardware.

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

The conference bridge is a card that sits in the meridian. Can be expensive....

best to go to a external company

It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

As far as linking calls with each other. Can each station user only link one call at a time with a total of 3 persons on the line at once?

If there was an internal conference then could the station users just call each other to form the conference?

Dave,
The Phone Doctor
Las Vegas, NV USA

...Lily Tomlin
a/k/a "Ernestine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back