Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Intrude or Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDBDA

Technical User
Aug 30, 2020
BM
Hi all,

IPO R11.1

I have an IPO installed in a residence. Essentially the main house (8phones) and the housekeepers apartment (2 phones).

The client has asked for the ability for the apartment phones to be able to pick up the same call and talk simultaneously. Similar if you had a single line home and you picked up two different phones in the house you can both talk to the far end at the same time.

They were hoping to avoid conferencing and wanted to keep it as simple as possible.

I tried Call Intrude but I cannot get it to work. I have Can Intrude selected and Cannot be Intruded deselected. I created a short code to activate the feature, does not work. I have even set up monitor groups just in case I needed too but that seems to be more for Listen feature.

I cannot intrude calls on either of the extensions. One is a digital 9508 desk set and the other is an analog panasonic cordless phone.Am I missing something. Can I not do it because it's an analog phone?

Does anyone have a better suggestion than Call Intrude to achieve what the client is trying to do?

Thanks in advance

Derek

Privacy

Play around with that.

I remember doing something like that with the line appearance showing on the phone
Pressing the same line button and able to butt in on the call

You have to allow intrude in the telephony tab of the user.

And make a huntgroup with all users, and enter that huntgroup as the control group (users > telephony > supervisor)

snowman50
I can't program a line appearance on the analog cordless phone. They want to be able to butt in on the line from either phone. I couldn't find anything in programming that mentioned Privacy. Where can I find that?

Jonjr88
I allowed can intrude in the users settings. I created a short code *77*N# to test but when I enter this from either ext it just rings busy.

Okkie26
I created the hunt group and assigned it in the users settings but still could not get my short code to work.

Ideally I'd like a much simpler short code for this feature is *0# or **#. I used *77*N# for testing as that's what was recommended in the manual.

derfloh,
I replaced the N in the shortcode with the ext # of the phone but it still didn't work. I tried short codes in the system area and in the user area but still gave me a busy signal when trying to intrude.

Cannot be Intruded has been disabled on both extensions

Cannot be Intruded is disabled.

Can analog extensions use call Intrude? I am testing this between a 9508 and a analog cordless phone.

Is call Intrude only for digital/IP phones?

Is call Intrude the best way to do this? Is there another easier way to have a second phone butt into the current conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back