Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Id

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigbobbyc718

Technical User
Apr 15, 2005
US
I have partner ACS 7.0 when i recive call i don't have Call ID or any info.on my display.I check #122 and i have USA operation. .For test i use dial tone form Avaya switch 8700,and still i don't get caller ID.Please help.

One thing you can try is to plug a regular single line telephone that can display caller ID information, into the Bell demarc and make a test call to the telephone number in question. Chances are you will not be getting caller ID data from the LEC.

what is the phone type.
what exactly does the display show.
is the line actually ringing and appearing on the ext you are looking for clid on

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

I have 5 new 18D (ser.2). Phone ddisplay show date and time ,when call came from outsite phones ring ,lights flash and i don't see any call id.But when i use icom i can see ext and name on display.I have dail tone coming fom Avaya 8700 switch.

does the 8700 pass clid out

put a clid unit on the line coming into the trunk port, and if it does not show clid, then it is an issue prior to the acs. the clid does not transmint until just before the second ring, so do not look for clid until, and unbless the call rings twice before answered.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back