Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call ID Name Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmikelwha

MIS
Jan 22, 2007
CA
We have a CS1000 with PRI.

In LD 15 I have added a new Call ID entry and I've assigned it to a DN. When I call out from that phone it uses the phone # I've assigned. Is there a way that I can change the name that is displayed? Currently it displays no name, only the number when I call an outside line with name and number display.

ENTRY 1
HNTN 519
ESA_HLCL
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL XXXXXXX
DIDN YES
HLOC

KEY 00 SCR XXXX 1 MARP
CPND
NAME My, Name
XPLN 27
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST

Thanks,

JMike

in the CLID entry in LD 15 Net DATA enter no for DIDN and it will pass what you have entered in the HLCL line, or it should

clid is the # not the name, usually your business name is displayed based on customer, or what you have ask the C.O. to display, if it is in their database.

Mato' Was'aka

bhassell2000
I have changed DIDN to NO. It removed the internal DN from the end of the number that was displayed. Thanks, that was the other thing that was bothering me but I forgot to ask

bigindian65
How do I update the C.O. Database? Do I call them, and are they usually willing to change the entry to whatever I like, or would they want to change it to the business name?

I don't know anyone who does/wants individual employee names off a corp or company. Everywhere I have worked the trunks display the bunsiness name and what I send out on clid, be it main number on default entry 0 or didn yes actual number.

Mato' Was'aka

I have a group of people that work in a specific department. They are their own company under us. I'd like their name to be displayed rather than our company for a group of lines. I don't want each individual to have their names displayed.

I believe that the telco would have to set that up on thier end

CLID was correct - name as mentioned is seperate and has nothing to do with CLID (unless the CO is adding they may match CLID to a name).

you can also send name if you have NI2 as the protocol doe DCHannel and telco accepts name.

In the DCH programming, add NDS to RCAP ( you will need to disable DCH to add). re-enable DChannel and test - if you get a fast busy, telco is rejecting call because of name and you will need to remove NDS from RCAP until you change your service to accept name.

Hi Reusser,

Is there a way I can print the DCH to see what the protocol is and if NDS is on RCAP.

If they are not set this way, can you give me more detailed instructions on how to make this change?

Thanks!

JMike

Code:
If they are not set this way, can you give me more detailed instructions on how to make this change?

if IFC is not NI2 - you will need to call carrier and setup an order to change and enable name. they will engineer PRI with change and set a cut date - at ut you would need to out every thing and rebuild with correct IFC and RCAP settings.

Reusser is probably correct about NI2 for most places in the US.
But in 519 (Ontario) you likely have IFC D100 for DMS. In that case RCAP ND2 will allow name display.
But the carrier still needs to have the option turned on in the DMS.

IFC D100
SIDE USR
CNEG 1
RLS ID 36
RCAP ND2

This is the configuration I see.

Will I need my carrier to change the IFC setting or will I just need them to enable the name option?

Thanks

It should only be an option for the carrier but there will probably be a service charge and possibly a monthly fee.
Might require restarting the D-channel.
You may also be required to sign a waiver that the name display will not be used for fraud or other nasty things.

But first check your outgoing route data block - should have NCNA YES.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back