Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call History For Avaya IP Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparrow4

Technical User
Jul 12, 2020
US
I'm trying to get the call history for an IPoffice. I read and try a recommendation of "telneting" with Putty. I was able to get a part of what I wanted (saw all incoming and outgoing calls of 3 days for all the company.

1- Where is that data stored on the PBX?
2- Can I view the logs for at least a month?

I don't recall if the records are stored in a file or in memory.

The maximum number of call records that can be stored is 3000. If you have less than 3000 calls in a month you'd be OK, but thats probably not likely. You could leave a putty session connected 24x7, writing to a file and the records will be delivered as they are received. If you want more info other than just raw data, you could look at something like Chronicall.

Thanks biv343! I could be wrong, but I don't think that we will reach 3000 calls inbound/outbound for the month. One of my issues is that I can view and copy the data, but it's a bit hard to analyze the info. I understand that I should probably invest in a more robust solution if I want to view/better analyze the logs. But from what I see it's what I get? For example, the data seems to start from the 12/19/2022 and goes up to 12/21/2022, I don't have 3000 records. What am I missing?

Hi derfloh, in my IPO, the system's SMDR is set to 3000.... should I change that to something bigger?

conf_gzj3uy.png

1. You can't. 3000 is the maximum.

2. Multiple call records can be created for the same call. Essentially, a record is created every time one of the parties involved in the call changes. So 3000 doesn't necessarily mean 3000 calls. For example, if all your external calls are coming through a receptionist or an auto-attendant, it will be a lot lower.

3. That's a temporary buffer purely to cope when connection to your call logger is down. The IP Office will delete old records whenever it needs too. Preserving uncollected call log records is low priority compared to other activities.

The whole thing is designed around people who seriously want call logging configuring it to send those records to a separate system that will store the records and do the processing needed to create reports. Even without processing software, any piece of Syslog shareware will happily collect records and store them.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back