Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call History & Tracing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
Is there a way to get a call history for a specific extension? If I can't get a past history, how can I turn on a trace so I can create a call history for a specific extension?
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

Ld 80 for trace.

Read up on Enhanced trace Entc tn

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

I've found a way to trace, but can I do it for longer than 24 hours? I've been able to do a
LD 80
ENTC tn 0050
GOTR

If I enter anything higher than that, it errors on me. I was going to do 2400 but it errored on me.
This is very frustrating. I don't have time to read up on how to trace, I need to know now and our phone support company isn't helping at all.

So in ld 20 I just do a cdr and it'll show all call history?

I think the last reply was referring if you have any call logging software attached to your phone system. Some of the systems might have used OTM or TM with the data buffering option feature enabled to capture all calls made.

It sounds as if you might not have have anything installed?.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

In all my searching, I found a way to check on CDR and I believe it is enabled.

When someone here says CDR they mean more than that. It usually means a PC or other device attached to your system that is capturing the CDR data. The system does not store the data itself but will stream it to an external device. If you do not have anything external attached then you do not have any way to retrieve data.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

an easy way to do that...
just install SecureCRT in a PC or Laptop, connect it to your PBX through CLAN . The SecureCRT will record all calls in a text form. you can then easily check the history of any extension.

I do all my programming for the pbx through HyperTerminal on a standalone Windows Server 2003 system. When I went to look into the SecureCRT, that basically looked like a replacement for HyperTerminal.
Is there anything I can do with my current setup?
Still waiting on phone support for help, told me a tech would be available Wednesday...I placed the initial call last Thursday. Can you believe that?

secureCRT can also be used for CDR. i am using its version 7.0.
Attaching complete procedure described in images...Hopes it will work for you. Follow the procdure by Numbering of images i.e 1,2,3....
image1. Click File and then Connect.
image2. Click the 3rd icon for New Session.
image3. Select Serial Protocol.
image4. select all values as shown .
image5. Give a name to this session of your own.and click finish.

image6. new session added.Now click connect to open that session. the screen will start displaying calls data.if no call is active at that time ,make a call and , your call record will be displayed when you will drop the call.

image7. Right Click on the connection TAB and select SESSION OPTIONS.then click LOG FILE and type the path for logging Directory.

image8. A call log is shown.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=8e4146bf-22aa-41b3-b6f2-4e2ae3dc83ba&file=Call_Recording.rar
If your software is current, you can use the DCT command in LD 96.

** Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back