Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call fwd out of hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

fil977

Technical User
Jul 24, 2001
EU
I would like to be able to call forward an extension to a mailbox (set to deliver a closed message). I have had a search through forum and I know I should be able to configure time of day routing. Found this link which does a good job of explaining what time of day is but i am having a bit of a job understanding how to actually implement this.

I am failing to see how I get the extension to call forward when the time period either expires/begins.

I see other members have got this setup and would like a practical explaination of how to configure this. Am running CCM4.1(3).

I'm doing this from memory but it should be close.
Build your 'Closed' Time Period.
Build a 'Closed_PT' partition and put it in the 'Closed' time period.
Build a CTI port or Route Point and put the DN of the Closed Mailbox on it and put it in the 'Closed_PT' partition
CFWD All the CTI port/RP to VMail
Inside the CSS of your incoming Gateway, put the 'Closed_PT' right above the partition of the daytime ringing DN.
What happens is during 'normal' hours the 'Closed_PT' is not active/available so the Gateway will search down the CSS list of PT's and skip over it. When the time goes to Closed hours, the 'Closed_PT' becomes active/available and as the Gateway searches down the CSS it will find it first and route the call to the CTI port/RP.
Be sure the time on your system is correct, :)

thanks pndscm

I have bulit the time period,partition and cti route point. but getting a bit stuck with the next step.

I understand the concept that during normal hours the 'closed_PT' is not available and so skips past it, but I am not sure where to apply the CSS change as I want to have only calls to this number forwarded and not all calls.

Edit the CSS of the Gateway. Put the Closed_PT above the PT where your normal DN is in. Example:
All incoming calls go to DN 4000 in the Phone_PT.
You created DN 4000 in the Closed_PT
In the Gateway CSS you have PT's in this order:
Phone_PT
Vmail_PT
Put the Closed_PT above the Phone_PT so they are ordered:
Closed_PT
Phone_PT
VMail_PT

So now during normal hours, the CSS will ignore the Closed_PT because it's time schedule is ClosedHours and it will ring the phone containing the normal DN 4000/Phone_PT.
During Closed hours, the Closed_PT will be active and calls will be delivered to the CTI RP which has DN 4000/Closed_PT on it which is CFWD to the VMail box with your Closed recording.

Apologies for the silly questions but does this apply to internal calls, looking at the way this is set up it seems to be applied to DDI calls as I am changing the CSS on the gateway.

Sorry for the questions but I have an avaya background and making the transition across to CCM can be a tad confusing.

It can be either Internal calls or External calls or both. Just add the Closed_PT into the correct place in the order of PT's inside the CSS of either the Gateways, phones or both. I went under the assumption that you wanted External callers to get the Closed recording so I only mentioned the Gateway CSS. But the Closed_PT can be put in any CSS and it will act the same way.

still cannot get this to work, missing something with my logic i think.

have extension number in as normal(in normal partion with css having the closed partiton listed first) and as a cti route point as described above.

the CTI route point isnt registered ( not sure why). the number rings regardless of the time period config and never forwards.

I am assuming the CTI route point is where the problem lies

update on this. It seems it was the CTI route point that wasn't registered. Have now got this registered and it is working.

This all seems very complicated to achieve something very straightforward. oh well, gonna go and make all the CSS changes I need to apply this and go live.

hello

i am also working on this problem with fil977

just an update we are using Extension Mobility and route filters.

i think both of these are causing problems

could you please confirm that this is still possible using the above.

thanks

CCNA,CCNP,CCVP
HP AIS
Full Mitel

Route filters should have no bearing on this at all. Neither should Extension Mobility. This is simply making a DN available based upon time of day.

yes i understand this but the way that it needs to be setup will not work.

you are using a CTI route point that need to be working all the time for this to work. there must be a way of getting this to work with out setting up dummy CCS and dummy PT

CCNA,CCNP,CCVP
HP AIS
Full Mitel

The CTI_RP doesn't need to be working all the time, only during the specified hours. Since the TOD Routing is applied to Partitions, I'm not sure how you would do it without creating PT's that are affected by TOD schedule. No dummy CSS's were built, only the existing CSS's were edited to include the TOD controlled PT.

The way I described it to fit fil977's issue did work as he posted above. Could you describe your exact scenario and maybe I or someone else can help further. Probably I am not understanding your exact problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back