Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call fwd issue to voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

srcvh1

Technical User
Feb 1, 2007
US
I have an issue that seems like it should be simple to figure out but I'm running into roadblocks along the way. I'm hoping someone out there has encountered this situation and has a solve. Here it is:

I have a phone with a DID attached (xxx-xxx-7717). The user wants to soft call forward the call to to an after hours mailbox that is not 7717. the number is 6440. 6440 is a phantom that is forwared to VM. When I soft forward the call to 6440 it follows the forward to the DID mailbox 7717, not 6440. I know that is what is supposed to do, but I need to find a way to get it to go to the mailbox for 6440. I've tried to forward it to the number directly (9-xxx-xxx-6440), but it then follows the CLID of the trunk which is the main number (xxx-xxx-7700). The message says 7700 does not subscribe. Well, there is the scenario, I hope someone out there has run into this. Thanks!

You need to add 7717 as an extension dn in the mailbox 6440

KCFLHRC, will that take precedence over 7717 having its own mailbox?

Not sure, you will have to give it a try. I think you can have both and then have an XMWK key on 7717 for the 6440 mailbox.

Why do they want it to go to another mailbox other than their own????

Its set up as an after hours mailbox that pages someone when a message is left. During the day they want it to go to the DID mailbox after 4 rings

If the operating hours for the user on 7717 are fixed, you could create it as an SDN, have an application use a time of day control such that during operating hours a call will EM mailbox 7717, after hours it will EM 6440 and therefore perform the required page etc.

Actually, I found a work around. I'm forwarding to the access code of a COT trunk to the number. That seems to have done the trick. Thanks all for the input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back