Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call fwd by FAC not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

bparr

Technical User
Feb 11, 2009
US
I used to be able to forward calls using the FAC. Not sure when it stopped working but now I can call forward using a programed call-fwd button, but when I use the FAC I never get the three tones. It does not matter if I try to forward to another extension or to an off system number, either way works with the button but not the FAC. This seems to be system wide. I have verified that the extensions in question have a COS that allows call forwarding all and off system redirection. Any ideas?

Check the feature codes (display features) to make sure they weren't changed.

Put a trace up on your station and try to do the call forward.

Kevin

sounds like an interaction with the dialplan analysis

try the "call forward all" code, then "#"

also check to make sure your COS does not have console permissions set to "y"

if call forward all is *2 (use # after *2 to get dialtone)

without console permissions on your COS
*2 93035551212 confirmation tone

with console permissions on your COS
*2 1234 93035551212 confirmation tone (forwarding for extension 1234)

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

35 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 25 years and counting

Thanks so much AvayaTier3! The COS did have console permisions. I don't know if this was changed recently or if I just never tried forwarding without a button with that particular COS.

Again thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back