Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Fwd Always Button not working/highlighting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CWMSystemAdmin

IS-IT--Management
Nov 28, 2011
CA
Hi All,

I'm having a pretty simply problem here and i'm sorry for the stupid question... I'm having a problem with new phones i am setting up.

We have 5220 5215 and 5220 IP phones and all the phones have been setup with the call fwd always option. I want to set this up for new users as well. I copied the multi line soft key assignment and it copies all the keys (VM Access etc..) it says it copies the call fwd always option but it doesn't work. It also doesn't light up when you push the button like it does on the phones that were already setup. The other soft keys work its just the call fwd always one that does not nor does it highlight. What am i missing here?

my phone system is the mitel 3300. this happens regardless of the model of IP phone i use.

You have to forward the phone the 1st time manually either via the Menu buttons or a feature access code.
The newer software has the ability to do it from ESM (I think the form is called "Call Forwarding Profile".

Dry Aquaman

As above. The Key only toggles the forwarding on/off.
The destination must be defined first.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

i guess my question is...

how do I set the soft key with a feature access code...I setup a feature access code to always forward calls but its not actually assigned to the specific soft key.

The Forward key is ONLY a toggle key.

It does not create the forward, it only toggles what is set.

You set the forward via the feature code manually, then use the toggle key to turn it on and off.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

this may only be present in newer Mitel software versions but v5, and I think v4.2 have:
Call Forwarding Profile

where the profile (for a specific phone) could be added/programmed, and enabled/disabled, and then a key could be added to the phone to allow the user to enable/disable that forwarding

this allows you to do it remotely/via web interface

Thanks your all the help guys...i was able to get this resolved with your help...very much appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back