Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call from PSTN To IP phones not working 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pete720

IS-IT--Management
Mar 29, 2014
US
When I make a call from HQ IP phones to PSTN, It works. But when I make call from PSTN to IP phone, it gives the busy tone.
Its the same issue with Branch. Calls from branch to PSTN works but from PSTN to branch IP phones does not work.

In HQ, MGCP gateway is configured and In branch, SIP trunk is configured.

Did this work and its gone bad, or has this never worked?

do your DID'd and DN's match or are you translating them? If the latter your translations must be wrong or the css they belong to.

It never worked.
DID and DN match. I didnt translate them

Ok can you give specifics?
Is the b-channel of the PRI up?
Is the mgcp gateway registered with call manager?
Can you make outbound calls?

Where are the sip trunks terminating?
Call manager or cube?

Have you run any debugs on either?

The b-channel is up. The mgcp gateway and SIP trunk are registered with call manager. I can only make calls to PSTN. I cannot make full DID number calls between the sites or within sites though. What debugs command should I use to check the status of my gateway?

For the PRI
Debug isdn q931
See if calls are coming in and the error number
I would guess your received digits don't match the dn

For the sip trunk since it's terminating directly to cucm you need to use real time monitoring tool, capture the sip message debugs and go from there.

check if the incoming translation pattern is configured with the right significant digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back