Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call from command line syntax

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowersr

MIS
Feb 11, 2004
US
Hi,

I want use a BAT file to start an automated session that has a macro in it so I created a bat file with one only line as:

Extra.exe /h "1.1.1.1" /s "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Attachmate\EXTRA!\sessions" /m "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Attachmate\EXTRA!\macros\a3ptpx_HH.ebm"

When I run it I momentarily get the splash screen and then it ends.

Obviously the IP address listed is not the real one. Is a TCP port required for the "/h" parameter. I am guessing NOT as I can double-click the session icon and everything runs fine.

The session filename is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Attachmate\EXTRA!\sessions\a3ptpx_HH.edp

The macro filename is:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Attachmate\EXTRA!\macros\a3ptpx_HH.ebm

The session a3ptpx_HH.edp is configured to start the macro a3ptpx_HH.ebm

I would think that all I would need to do is call the session not the macro. Can anyone tell me the proper syntax. What I used above I found at:

I searched the forum for "command line" but found nothing.

Thanks for looking,
Rich

Hi,

Has no one had any experience in calling an Attachmate session from the command line?

Rich

.bat
Code:
@echo off
start /D"C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Attachmate\EXTRA!\sessions" a3ptpx_HH.edp
sleep 3
ebrun.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Attachmate\EXTRA!\macros\a3ptpx_HH.ebm"

WinblowsMe,

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back