Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call fowarding to Long distance #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Msand2081

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2009
US
I am trying to setup Call forwarding to a long distance number and I just can't seem to get it to work. I was hoping some one could point me to a step by step guide on this. Here is what I need. I have a user that wants his calls to be forwarded to his cell number after 3 rings if he does not answer. His cell phone number is a long distance number. I have gone through as much of the setup I could think of. Now here is the weird thing. If I try to call his phone from my shoretel in the office dialing 9 to get an outside line it will forward the call. If I try to directly call his number from my cell phone it will not forward the call. Please any help would be great. I have to be close.

It sounds like you need to enable Trunk to Trunk Transfer on that user's class of service.

Any other guesses? I checked his user group class of service and it did allow "trunk to trunk transfers", "external call forwarding", and "find me destinations.".

Two things I forgot to add.

1.) this is shoreTel 7.5

2.) when I do try and make the phone call it burbs in my ear stating "the call can not be completed as dialed."

so, is this part of how it is dialing the number?

Thanks for the help!

You need to make sure voicemail notification in the user groups allows trunkto trunk transfer.

All of the setup for this was right. I have found what the problem was. It was the carrier of our voice line. It would drop the call because it did not like the fact that ShoreTel would forward the Caller ID of the person that originally called. In order to get around this I had to set it up as an automatic find me and make sure it was not forwarding the Caller ID of the original caller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back