Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CALL FOWARD ALL

Status
Not open for further replies.

xnortel

Programmer
Feb 25, 2004
US
I have an ipoffice 500 rls 8. It is connected to an option 11 c via a pri. The option 11 has two pri's to the pstn. I have set up cdp dialing from nortel to ipoffice and 4 digit dialing from ipofice to nortel and works fine. long distance and local calls from the avaya are sent over the pri to the nortel, I insert 9 for local and 91 for long distance, this is done in ars. This works great, however when I do a call foward all calls from the avaya to a public number(users cell phone)the avaya is not inserting the 9,however is I add an extra 9 in the foward number it works,I can see this on d channel monitor on the Nortel side. Is there a short code for call foward all? What route does call foward use? It does not seem to be using ARS. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A call foward number should always contain the prefix.
The IPO will not add it by itself.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

The prefix is in the call foward number. I foward 9-xxx-xxx-xxxx. I insert the 9 back in in ARS. The nortel switch needs the 9 to be able to route call to pstn. The Avaya is absorbing the 9 and not using ARS. What I need to know is what routing the Avaya is using.

Forwarding is probably using the system 9N short code which points to ARS 50 by default.

Kyle Holladay / IPOfficeHelp.com
ACSS/ACIS/APSS Avaya SME Communications
APDS Avaya Data
MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007/2010
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

Do not think so. I use 9n and point to ARS 50 for regular dialing. In ARS 50 I insert th 9 back in for the Nortel switch. When you use call foward all, it is like you are pointing straight to line group 0 and not using ARS.

Do they have a user shortcode or shortcodes set in user rights?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Ok, found it. Apparently when you use call fwd all the system looks at trunk short codes instead of ars. Working now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back