Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwording

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbaker

Technical User
Feb 15, 2003
US
Can I put a button on a phone that when pressed will forword any incoming calls to another station, then when pressed again will deactivate? I know there is a feature that will change the coverage path by dialing a FAC, but I would like to set it up as a button. Thanks.

Hi,

Yes SAC - Send All Calls. When activated all stations will follow their coverage path with only a half-ring on the phone with SAC activate.

Hope this helps,

Chris

There are several options:

1) User can choose the extension:
This is done with the 'call-fwd' option on the phone.
You can enter this option directly on a button.
When the user hits the button he/she only has to enter the extension and the system will then forward all calls to that extension (green status indicator is on).
If the user wants to cancel the forward, he just has to press the button again.

How to programm:
a. change station xxxx
b. place yourself on a free button
c. enter 'call-fwd' and press enter
d. job done.

If you do a display station xxxx, you will see that the system has added an extra field after the call-fwd option, called 'Ext:'.
If you leave this option blank, the user can forward calls for his own station, if you enter an extension the user can activate/deactivate call forwarding for that extension.
Example: if you enter extension 1235 (user has ext 1234), he/she can now activate/deactivate call forwarding for extension 1235 but not for her own extension (unless using the FAC or another button with only 'call-fwd').

2. User can't choose (calls are routed to a fixed number)
Here are again 2 options:

A. use the autodial option
B. use the 2nd coverage path option

A. Autodial button
This is not a 'nice' solution, but it works.
When you set this on a button you will get an extra field were you can enter any number you want. Add the FAC (*50 on my system) before the extension.
Example: Calls need to be routed to extension 1234
This is the command: autodial *501234

B. 2nd coverage path
Here you have to check a lot of settings. So, will take me a long time to explain. I will add them if you want...

Let me know if this has helped you out.

Regards,
Erik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back