Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

JesperKulusuk

Technical User
Dec 21, 2016
DK
Dear Friends

I have en old Nortel Meridian system in Greenland.

How do I forward incoming calls to an external number?

I dont have the attendant phone so the system is operating in night mode with all calls forwarded to one extension.

Any help is appreciated.

Brgds

Jesper

Hello Jesper

The question is if it is all calls or only specific ones?. Assuming that as you have stated that all calls are going to one extension, then it might just be a case of checking the settings for that particular pnone if CLS = CFXA to allow calls to be externally forwarded and that the CFW kwy or feature is set to all all the digits to be entered as the default may be set for e.g. 4 numbers.

You will also need to add in the AC1 code (Usually "9").

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

Hi Firebird Scrambler

Here is a printout of that extenstion

TN 002 0 00 00
TYPE 500
CDEN 4D
CUST 0
WRLS NO
DN 310 0 MARP
CPND
CPND_LANG ROMAN
NAME koekken
XPLN 23
DISPLAY_FMT FIRST,LAST
AST NO
IAPG 0
HUNT 9
TGAR 4
LDN NO
NCOS 4
SGRP 0
RNPG 1
LNRS 20
XLST
SCI 0
SCPW 1234
SFLT NO
CAC 0
CLS TLD DTN FBD XFA WTA THFD FND HTD ONS
LPR XRA CWD SWD PUA MWA LPA XHA CCSA-CSI LNA TVD
CFTD SFD MRA C6D CNIA CLBD AUTU
ICDD CDMD EHTD MCTD
GPUA DPUA CFXA ARHD OVDD AGTD CLTD LDTD ASCD
MBXD CPFA CPTA UDI RCC HBTA IRGD IAMD DDGA NAMA MIND
NRWD NRCD NROD SPKD CRD PRSD MCRD
EXR0 SHL ABDD CFHD
USRA BNRD OCBD RTDD FAXD PGND FTTU
RCO 0
PLEV 02
AACS NO
MLWU_LANG 0
FTR CFW 12
FTR SSU 0050
FTR ADL 20
DATE 20 DEC 2016

It has CFXA and I changed FTR CFW to 12
I tried to do *55 + 0 (trunk) + external number. It doesnt work. Any ideas?

Hello Jesper

How many digits are dialed when you do *55 + 0 (trunk) + external number?. Try changing the number from 12 to 16.

Also what type of trunks are being used?. Check if the incoming route is the same as your outgoing one and if that is the case to make sure that TRMB = YES.

Finally, check your NCOS 4 barring table in LD 49 isn't blocking your outgoing number and also the TGAR 4 isn't the same as the TARG defined in the route.

You can also try changing the NCOS and TARG to a less restrictive setting and usually "0" is left spare, but check it to be sure.

What does *55 do as it sounds like it's a FFC setting?

Also you have CLS = CCSA and this might need to be CCSD as it will have restrictions enabled.

Firebird Scrambler

Website =

Hi Firebird Scrambler

So far no luck. I changed TRMB to yes, NCOS 4 has no restrictions. Changed TGAR. Changed CLS = CCSD.
*55 is a FFC for CFWA

Is there a way to make a phanton DN that goes to an external and that forward all calls to that DN?

Brgds

Jesper

Can you build a phantom 500 port and program a dcfw on that TN that forwards to the number you are trying to reach?

Hello Jesper

I don't think the * or # will work when used as a FFC at the start in a call forward string.

All you need to do is to enter in the ACOD or AC1 code (Usually "9
") followed by the number to be dialed.

Firebird Scrambler

Website =

Hi Firebird Scrambler

When I use the FFC to put in my AC1 + number, and then check it in LD 20 the CLS FTR CFW for that DN is FTR CFW 16 0123456.
Where 0 is AC1 and 123456 the number.

Brgds
Jesper

Hello Jesper

Sorry about my last comment as I had forgotten that you were referring to a analogue (500) set.

Can you try the FFC command again and then print off the set's details as you did before as you should see the FTR CFW 12 0 and the rest of the number etc.

Also print off the routes in LD 21 and perhaps in
>LD 21
REQ LTM
CUST 0

etc.

You may have a number of routes on your system. Another way would be to use the conversion utility guide and print of the details and send or post it via a link as it would provide a better picture on how your system is set up.

You may want to continue this query away from this forum.

Firebird Scrambler

Website =

For analog phones, go off-hook, dial spre code+74+DN, on-hook, to forward and off-hook, dial spre+74, onhook to cancel forwarding.

You'll have to find out what your spre is

The system uses the NCOS Class of Service based upon the LD 15 Option setting of CFO ( Originating Party COs of CFF Forward Party COS) If this is set to CFO the system will use the COS of the incoming trunks. If it is CFF it will use the COS of the telephone set you are trying to Call Forward. I always set the LD 15 Option to CFF and program the set with CLS=CFXA and the NCOS which allows a call to the number I am forwarding to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back