Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhickselp

Technical User
Dec 7, 2010
US
Recently we switch or T1 service from ATT to Time Warner since then I have a problem with call forwarding. We have an altigen 5.0A with update 3.0. When I setup an extension to forward all calls and try a test call from my cell i get dead air. While watching the altiserve admin I see the call hit the switch "waiting for out dial Rsp". Another truck flash and says "seizing for outside line." The call never is completed. However if i place a test call from another ext. by dialing 9 (outside number) then my DID number it works with out a problem.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

I know it is an issue with caller id however i do not know how to fix. Before with ATT the caller ID with pass through and nobody would know it was being forwarded. Know time Warner is blocking calls from numbers that are not ours. How do I fix it?

ANYBODY?

I had a similar problem at an AltiGen site with Integra. It turned out to be a setting in the Adtran device that converts the high capacity service into ISDN-PRI for the AltiGen and Internet/data connectivity for their computers.

Integra found a setting in the Adtran that was blocking those calls. If you remove any calling party id from the extension configuration of the AltiGen, the call will go through fine. This is a work around until you get Time Warner to make the change on whatever type of device they are using at your premise (Adtran or similar).

Thanks for the reply bdenni. However i did try as you suggested and it is still blocked.

I am having the same issue after switching to Time Warner yesterday. I've found a bit of a work-around. In Alti-Admin or MaxAdmin double click the PRI board(s). Then double click the Channel Group (looks like "[0] -> Ok" with a green dot next to it). In the Channel Group Config click the Protocol button in the lower left. On the bottom of the PRotocol Config window click the Radio button for "Carrier can only accept assigned numbers as Calling Numbers", then enter your main system number (full 10 digits) into the "Use this as Calling Number if the Carrier cannot accet configured numbers".

The downside is all outgoing calls will appear on caller ID to be from your main system number. I'll update the case if I find a better option.

In addition to my earlier post, if you add ALL your DID ranges in the "Calling number can be accepted by Carrier", then enter your main system number (full 10 digits) into the "Use this as Calling Number if the Carrier cannot accet configured numbers" forwarding should work properly.
Repeat for all PRI boards and you'll be set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back