Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding to external number over BRI failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

joredu

Programmer
Feb 28, 2005
AU
Hi Dear Members

I am actually confronted to "Call forwarding to external number over BRI" problem.
The Small IP Ofiice edition is connected to 4 BRI (location Sydney Australia). The BRI service is a point to point service, each of the users having their own number that is configured to ring directly on their extension.

The problem is that the call forward to an external number is failing, meaning that if a caller forward his extension to an external number( home/mobile..)and we call his direct external number; instad of being forwarded to the forwarding destination we are being answered by the voice mail!
"Inhibit Off-Switch Call" is disabled/not checked

The platform is an Small Office 4T+4A+8DS 16 VCS INTL

Is it a configuration problem or the BRI provider is prohibing the BRI to BRI direct transfer?

Thanks

If you ring the extension from another extension user do you have the same issue this will prove that your forward is set correctly

[cheers]

In fact, if I ring the forwarded extension from an internal extension; forwarding to an external number works. The issue is occurring when the ecall is made from an external number comming through a BRI LINE, forwarding is not operational and I am being answered by voicemail

Thanks

I have had this issue before and it has been network related issue, when you test the forwarding off switch are you going to a cell phone try forwarding to different sorts of numbers i.e. cell phone, normal PSTN or different carrier.

Or main problems have been to different cellular carriers who don't always return all the correct signaling.

If you know how to us Monitor you can do an ISDN monitor and see if the system is even trying to do a call by monitoring layer 3.

[cheers]

Try adjusting the short code so that outbound calls go out a dial speach.
If the IPO recieves a 3.1K call it will try to make a 3.1K call & not all mobile providers will accept this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back