Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding to Cell

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryan11

MIS
Oct 1, 2003
US
I am trying to setup unconditional forwarding on an extension to call a cell phone. I have created a button on my phone to enable unconditional forwading and when it is enabled I am able to transfer the call to the cell phone but when the person trys to answer the call it doesn't seem the the ip office passes the call to the cell. The call ends up going to the extension voicemail box thinking that the call wasn't picked up. I could swear at one time I had this working before. Any help would be great.

Increase the no answer time for the user. It is probably ringing at the IP Office level before the cell phone ever starts ringing. You then probably hear it ring on the cell, but when trying to grab the call it is already being pulled back to the IPO to leave a message.

O.k so I have increased the no anwser time to 30 secs and was finally able to get the call but when the call rang on my cell I answered it and had to wait 10 secs for the call to connnect. Is there any setting to fix that? Hope this makes sense.

For the button use;

Emulation > Call Forwarding All / Action data blank (or fill in the number if you don't want it them to change it.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I am able to transfer the call but the IP Office doesn't let go of the call when the cell phone answers. The person that answers the cell phone has to wait like 10 seconds before they can hear the person on the other line. How can I get the IPO to release the call when the person on the cell picks up?

What line types do you have?

Avaya_Red.gif

Do yu have analog trunks?

Check this option on the trunk:

Allow Analog Trunk to Trunk Connect: Default = Not selected (Off).

Avaya_Red.gif

Analog?

Look int the line settings for:

Allow Analog Trunk to Trunk Connect: Default = Not selected (Off).

Avaya_Red.gif

Strange, my IE9 is fooling around again...:)

Avaya_Red.gif

LOL.. not a fan of IE 9 yet. We have 3 T1 PRI trunks. When I look at the trunks I don't see a Allow Analog trunk to trunk. We are still on ver 5 and it IPO412.

I think you're in the US, the settings are different for almost ervery provider. Just a guess do you have AT&T?

Avaya_Red.gif

With PRI's you don't need to worry about allow trunk to trunk connect. What happens if you physically transfer a call off-site (transfer 9 + tel number then hang-up)? Is there still a delay when answering?

So I had someone call my extension and then I transfered the call to my cell phone and it worked perfect. What is the difference between that and the call forwarding?

do you have the 9 for outcalling in the forwarding number

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS

Google it you damn kids

Yes I have the 9 for outcalling. The problem isn't with the outcalling. It rings fine to the cell phone it is just when the cell phone tries to pick up the call I have to wait 10 seconds for the IPO to pass the call through. When I did Telecomboy's test I didn't have to wait 10 seconds on the phone for the call; it came right away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back