Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding to Cell phone (GSM)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LubbTech

IS-IT--Management
Sep 22, 2003
US
I think I have one that will stump most of you; I have ICS 4.1 system with a PRI programmed for NI2. When I forward a desk phone to a cell phone and 4 digit dial that ext. from another set on the system the call is forwarded out of the switch correctly and call is completed to the cell phone. But when I call that ext. using the full number example 788-3770 the call is forwarded out of the switch then hits the mobile with one ring and then goes to a fast busy. Does anyone have suggestions. It seems like it may the message format is being sent from the siwthc but I'm not sure.

4.1 had that type of bug with PRI's- upgrade software, or one way that I got it to work was to make the target line appear and ring, then use line redirection as opposed to forwarding.

I have the target lines set for appear and ring and have tried line redirection; still no luck.

PRI on 4.1 less than stable in many ways as bkrike mentioned. Upgrade to 5.0 at least

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back