Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Superconsole to Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

natemgt

Technical User
Jun 24, 2008
US
My customer has a SX-200ICP software release 5.0.2.3 setup for a hotel.

They want to add a voicemail box to the superconsole 1000. I have been trying but I am not even sure if it can be done.

The non-dial in trunks are listed to day ring on 4096 which is programmed as an LDN on the superconsole and is labeled as external, the tenant assigned (1) has the dial 0 as 4097 and is an LDN on the superconsole and labeled internal. The night ring options for both the non-dial in trunks and the dial 0 are set to forward outside the system to another hotel. I have the call forawrding enabled in the class of service for the console and it would not forward. However when I enabled option 107 attendant automatic call forwarding no answer then it would forward after the 30 sec programmed in option 118 to outside the system (which is my night ring). The only place I can find to program an extension to forward to is in form 19 call rerouting.

Since it doesn't follow the same programming as a normal extension CAN IT EVEN BE DONE WITH A SUPERCONSOLE???

Thanks

The option to route after no answer in day mode is programmed via option 107 and 118 as you've discovered.

This will automatically route the call to the night 1 answer point after the timer expires.

If you want it to go to a voicemail you need to define an extension as the night 1 answer point and route that extension to VM.

The Mailbox would associate with the extension, not the console. The cosole cannot be associated with a mailbox directly.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I do as kwb says then add that mailbox to the pkm if provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back