Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncankw

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
We have Merlin Legend System with Audix... Have a user who's physical phone (line probably cut up in ceiling somewhere) is not accessible and need to forward calls to his extension to his cell #...and obviously cant do feature 33 etc... Cant seem to find a way to set the forwarding in the system but i know there has to be a way to set it from another phone or the system itself.... Anyone know the procedure for this

Thanks in Advance

I'd suggest searching the forums first next time. Good luck!

Take a look at:
thread689-785217

Trust me im no Phone admin and this fell into my lap so iam a complete noob at this phone stuff.... I actually saw that thread and dint understand the SA key part... Can i do this from any handset...? I have tried it and the result was it puts the forwarding on the phone i did it from even with the authorization code... im assumning cause i dont understand the SA key meaning.... Sorry if this is so basic

np... just say that when you start next time :) We're happy to help out.

an SA a.k.a system access key is an 'intercom' key. In most cases you would only do this on a system that is configured as 'pbx', and most access (calls in/out) are done from those 'intercom' keys (you dial '9' to get out, etc).

And you're assigning the AuthCode to the phone that you want to be forwarded, right? (the one in the ceiling?) By putting the AuthCode on the 'other' extension, what should happen is that any time you invoke the Auth Code (#80-[Authorization Code]-#), you should 'become' the other station. The *33 is the forward command, 9 to access ARS, and then the destination number, and the # sign tells the system you're done.

When I do it from DISA, after I enter the Auth Code, I do *33 (dialtone) extension-to-forward (dialtone) 9 -outsidenumber #. So, for example, *33 (pause) 2121 (pause) 9 - 1 -215.555.1212# would forward my extension to Directory Assistance.

Maybe try that way and see if it makes a difference.

I've actually always done it using 'DISA' (remote access), which is more complicated to set up.

When I do it for DISA, the key sequ

OK sorry for delay i was out a few days... I got to my own extension do #80 XXX(Auth Code)# *33 (get a forward to: prompt on phone display)9-1-937-xxx-xxx Then i hear the tone pulsate... But it put the forwarding on my phone still... Seems as if i dont Become the other extension... any idea what im missing.... Assinged auth code on that extension and trk-trk tranfer and remote forwarding... Only thing i dont see how you verify that all those are enabled i just followed manual i found... Could it have already been enabled and by me doing it agian disabled it...? Not trying to play around a whole lot in there since i obviuosly dont know what im doing and afraid of messing up what i cant fix quickly.....

In the extensions menu, is the extension you want to remote call forward allowed to remote call forward?

Pepperz@charter.net

Yep... Just went over remote-forward, trk-trk tansfer agian and reset the Auth code to a different # and still puts the forwarding on my phone....

So just plug his phone directly into the control unit and forward it, until the wire in the attic can be repaired or replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back