Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding (redirect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

0perator

Technical User
Jan 13, 2005
US
Trying to forward incoming calls to an external number on a per-extension basis. When I try to select a line and enter the external phone number under F84 i think it is, it wont do it, I seem to remember this being a problem with the trunk card capabilities, is that so? Its a 4 line CO LS/DS NT7B75GA-93 card. any help is greatly appreciated.. I have a fastRAD hint hint!!

to do a redirect you need a incomming line assigned to set...the directions in all the manuals is pretty direct...if you have 4.1 or higher you may do a ext call forward as long as you are using routing and allow redirect per set

ski season has started

What Software version are you running in your KSU, this will make it easier to answer your question about how to accomplish the external forwarding.

Louie Roldan

I am using 6.1 with a MICS core. call forward external for telemarv.

Use Cfwd. You will have to program a route and then use the cfwd feature. when activating the external cfwd remember to enter a "9" + number

Maybe I should read the manual more on how to program routes and such, but Im not so familiar with that, I dont have line pools or anything, so do i still have to enter a 9 before the external number?

Yes, you will have to still enter the 9 because your route will require the 9. It sounds as though you may need a qualified installer come out to set it up for you, it may be difficult if you're not familiar with Norstar programming.

Louie Roldan

You will have to program your line pool to a route 001 and your destination code as "9"

when you use cfwd you f*4 + 9 + NPA-NXX-XXXX

Well, Im learning, but maybe you're right. I got the system set up and programmed so far however. Gotta figure out this next step.

You must also to set lines to "supervised disconnection" and allow redirect for the sets you want call forward. Also remember that CF external takes 2 phone lines. I think you might want to hire a vendor.

Marv
TeleMarv Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back