Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNJQuintin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
CA
Good afternoon Mitel Gurus. I have a quick question. Is it possible to assign buttons on a 5340 phone which is on a 3300 PBX to pick a call forwarding profile? I would like 2 buttons, 1 to pick my call forwarding profile that forwards to my cell phone, and the other to forward to voicemail (and one to turn it off, if necessary).

Thanks!

Quintin

Using the Call Forward feature access code you can set and cancel as many forwarding destinations as you have keys. 1 per key.

You can't select a profile

Make a User Speedcall for each destination preceded by your Feature Access Code for the Call Forwarding - Follow Me feature.
Example :
FAC -> *64
Dial out digit -> 9
Phone number -> 1234567890
Make a user speedcall -> *6491234567890

So you need 1 button per "profile" and 1 Call Forwarding button to turn on/off the last selected "profile".
I say "profile" because it's not exactly a call forwarding profile.

Thanks for the response. Our dialout key is "8". I have setup a speed dial using
*6481112223333 (area code exchange and phone number) and it does not work. It dials out, and then says the number you are calling is not in service (recording from telco).

What am I doing wrong? Do I have to enable that FAC somewhere in the pbx config?

Thanks!

Oh, just realized that the FACs are configurable (we've never used FACs). Looks like the telco set *03 as a FAC fir Call fwd Follow Me...trying that, will keep you posted.

Q

When I press speedcall button (FAC for follow me third party is **56) **5691234567890 I just get silence then an error tone after a few seconds and Invalid on the phone screen. I am not understanding how to get that to work with a speedcall.

Got it working! At least for me. The office manager was the one who requested this, and I cannot get it working for her...

I setup the speed dial for *038xxx-xxx-xxxx I also set up a speed dial to cancel #03. So we hit the button to forward to her cell, and we get a stutter dial tone followed by a solid (I get the same on my phone). Should be forwarding now...

Here's what happens then, you call her number, and her cell phone rings once, and then goes back to the office voicemail.

On my phone, if I enable it, my cell phone rings, if I don't answer, it goes to my cell phone voicemail.

So, the question is, what have I done wrong on her speed dial for this?

Thanks so much for your time.

mailboxman - I am using the FAC for Call Forward Follow Me (not third party). not sure what the difference is...

As a matter of fact, if I try the FAC for Call Forward Follow Me Third Party, I get a "NOT ALLOWED" error on my phone.

Call FWD Follow me is for forwarding your own phone
Call Forward 3rd party allows forwarding of a remote user
Both need to be enabled by class of service

@SNJQuintin, are your trunks SIP by any chance? I've seen some weirdness with sip trunks like what you are describing. If so, try forwarding to the cell number but include a 1 before the area code.

@SNJQuintin Your manager and you must not have the same Class of Service. Look for Call Forward No Answer Timer. If the timer is shorter than the cell phone's voicemail answering timer, it will go back to your office's voicemail instead.

@kwbMitel No, we have a PRI.

@V3RTechNP I will check into that.

Thanks everyone!

@V3RTechNP Call forward no answer timer is the same for both of us (I do have a different COS than she does, but that
entity is the same for both COS'.

The only difference in the Call Fwd/Reroute section is this:
Call Forwarding Reminder Ring (CFFM and CFIAH only) Yes is on mine, No is on hers...doesn't sound like that is it to me.

Anything else I should look for?

I am going to change her COS to match mine as a test, and we'll see if it works, then we will know for sure if it is a COS issue.

Thanks folks!

OK, now I'm confused. I used my cell # for testing this morning, and everything works fine. I changed the speed dial to be her cell # (and yes, I have checked and triple checked that I have the right number :) ), and it does not work. When I use *038hercell# it rings once on her cell phone, and then goes to her office voicemail. This is using the same COS as me, I even tried it on my phone, by dialing the same number sequence. If I use *038hercell# it doesn't work, if I use *038mycell# it works.

Any ideas as to what her cell is doing? We both have the same cell phone provider, same area code and prefix as well.

Thanks,

Quintin

I would check her cell to see if it is blocking the caller id of where this comes from

Does the same problem occur when you dial her number? (not call forward, dialing from IP phone)
If yes, there's something with the cellphone/mobile carrier like jpruder says.
If not, if you had SIP trunks I would blame those like kwbMitel said but on PRI...

@jpruder no, calls not being blocked, I can call her from the phone in question.

@V3RTechNP I can call her by dialing from her IP phone. And no, we definitely have a PRI. Very confusing indeed :)

Oh, and also, IF the call was being blocked at the cell phone (by blocking a call in the phone settings), then it would go to her cell phone voicemail, BUT, it bounces back to her office voicemail.

I don't know what to say...Tuesday and Wednesday I played with this a bit, and could NOT get it to forward to her cell properly...but it would forward to mine. Today, without changing any settings, I tried it again, and it worked...Maybe in between yesterday and today she rebooted her cell phone, or something, but in any case, this is working.

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and help me out with your suggestions!

Q

Glad that all is OK in the end, it started to fall a bit into the twilight zone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back