Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

duncankw

MIS
Jun 30, 2003
US
Need to have calls forwarded after 2 rings to a cell phone... I enabled remote call forward for that ext. Set call forward delay 2 rings and enabled trunk-trunk transfer and have disconnect signal reliability enabled...
At extension did #33 9+1+area code+cell number#...(have to dial long distance for his cell)...
When calling from another internal extension it works fine and forwards to user's cell but when calling from an outside line it rings a few times and then just silent...
Anyone have have idea why...

How is the outside call getting to the phone b4 it attempts to fwd? Does the station have a DID, or are calls coming through an Auto Attendant and being xferred, CO line call to attendant and xfer?....

It prompts you to dial the 3 digit extension during the company anouncement on calls coming from outside...

Is the call going through an auto attendant or a digital announcement unit? If it is going through an auto attendant...what type of vm is it?

Im not sure of the difference since im new to being a phone admin but i think it is auto attendant we use Audix VM on Merlin Legend system that says v3.19 in switch management first menu...

I am thinking that the Intuity Audix vm you have is performing a supervised transfer (i.e. - not releasing the call to the Merlin when transferred, it is holding the call until answered.) In your Intuity Audix Administration screen, type
disp sys fe

Then F7 to the 3rd page where you should see a transfer type setting. What is it set to?

Transfer type: Basic
Transfer Restrictions: Subscribers

Those settings are correct. Have you tried calling through the auto attendant to another phone and then transferring the outside line to the phone that forwards? Above you stated that when you call from phone to phone it works, but that does not complete a trunk to trunk transfer, only a remote call forward.

is reliable ls/disco set to yes?

sys prog
exit or start
lines/trunks
tt/ls disco
ls disco
yes should be highlighted
press enter

After it rings a few times, does the cell phone ring at all? Try fowarding it to a local pots line. Sometimes there is a big db line loss with trunk to trunk transfers which accounts for the silence. Try setting this up at another station. Try having an outside party call your extension then you transfer the call to the extension. This should isolate if it is a problem with your voicemail programming or phone system programming.

You said that you enabled remote call forward for the extension. Did you enable trunk to trunk transfers for the same extension? Did you check the frl? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back