Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding and remote coverage only working for external inbound

Status
Not open for further replies.

jthorpe

Programmer
Feb 26, 2002
US
Hi folks. I have a quick question. I manage 15 Prologix switches around the country. I have many of them setup so that certain users and call forward all calls off-net. The problem is that on one of the switches, only external inbound calls will be forwarded off-net via either a call-forward all calls, or a remote coverage path. If someone trys to call one of those extensions from an internal phone, the calling phone will show the receivers name, and "forward" on the screen like normal, but the person's phone just rings. It's weird. I have all of my switches setup the same but this one doesn't want to work. Is there something I'm missing here? Any help would be appreciated.

We had a problem with our new Prologix. We had the telecommuting function activated so employees could call forward their phones off-net and then the call would be pulled back into audix if they didn't answer in three rings. Unfortunately it did not work with the new Prologix, calls forwarded off-net would not come back to audix after three rings it would only work for call-fowarded calls between dcs nodes ...we spun our wheels for a week...copying all what we did with the other switches we had (all of them have telecommuting and work flawlessly). So we finally called Avaya it took them 2 days to figure out the problem and they referred us out to tier 3. When they finally contacted us, they told us that there was a bug in the V8 software load so they had to load a patch. This is the current load we have now: G3V8i.04.0.046.5
You might want to check your current load and have Avaya check for a recent patch. Hope this helps. Phone Boy/Slave

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, that is the software version that we have in this unit so I don't think that's it. Maybe this version has another bug in it or something.

Hi
If I understand your problem right you take extension-1 and extension-2 on the switch, make extension-2 forwarded off-net and call him from extension-1.
Did you check COSs of both ext for call-fwd off-net parameter ?...

Hello dimas. Yes, I did check the COS and the call fwd off-net parameter is enabled. What is weird, the phone that's calling shows on the screen that the call is being forwarded, but it never does it. It just keeps ringing the phone being called. Really weird. My configs are all the same across all of my PBX's and this is the only one that is doing it. The only thing I can guess, is that there is a bug on this switch, or I am missing some deep config. parameter that I haven't dealt with before.

Try to check attentively the form change system coverage
especially the field
Off-Net Cvg Subsequent Redirection/CFWD No Ans Interval (rings): _
For testing make this field 10 rings and test again.
Second, check that both (ext1 and ext2) can access the outgoing trunk, I mean you should check the cor's and tenant's of each.

Hi dimas. Thanks for continuing to help me troubleshoot. I have checked that and it all looks normal. The cha sys cover both show 3 rings. I changed it to 10 rings and didn't notice a difference except for inbound external calls. Those work fine, but the internal calls to the problem extension will still not forward off-net. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back