Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call forwarding a multicall number

Status
Not open for further replies.

KAS55

Technical User
Sep 1, 2008
GB
Hi. Is there a method to call forward an extension number that appears as a Multicall number on a few handsets, but does not exist as a physical device? We are running MCD4.0 SP3 on a CX controller. Thanks

Yes. Set up a call reroute path to where you want it to forward and then assign that reroute number to the multicall extension in the call reroute assignment form

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

Is there not a feature access code for call forward follow me third party? Would that not work.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

Hi LoopyLou - I have just checked on the controller, and yes there is a Third Party Call Forward FAC - it is *#68. Will this work for a number that is only a Multicall and not a physical device? As the number is not physical, there is no method to allocate a COS. I have checked in a COS and there are references to enabling and accepting Third Party Call Forwarding that need to be set to Yes. Thanks.

Both options are possible. You can forward a Multicall through the Call Rerouting Assignment or through the call forward third party option. Regarding your question if you can forward physical devices with the call forward third party, the answer is yes. It's true, it's also important that this must be enabled on the COS of the device where you want to do it from. This option is not enabled on a default COS.

As long as the set that controls the Multicall has the feature enabled then third party control will work. For a key that appears on multiple sets it is eastest/best to make sure all sets have the option enabled.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

@Kas55,

Is this something you want to be able to turn on and off? Will it only be forwarded to a single extension/set?

If both cases above are true then call forward follow me third party might work since this feature is activated at the destination set.

Make sure both the FAC for call forward follow me third party and cancel call forward follow me third party are programmed.

Make sure the destination set has enabled Third Party Call Forward Follow Me Allow in its COS and it should work.

If this is more of a permanent forward on No Answer, I recommend using your reroute tables.

"The only problem with common sense is that it's not that common

Hi. Thanks for the info. It is something that is needed to be switched on and off as required, and it is to a mobile number, not an internal extension. Will this work as there is no physical device associated with the multicall number, it only appears under a key on a few handsets in the office. Thanks.

The answer to your last question has already been provided more than once. Yes it will work.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back