Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forwarding 2nd Line on 7940 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

dctechguy

Technical User
Oct 8, 2010
US
Working with CCM 6.1.3. Have primary line assigned to button 1 and an appearance of a line on button 2. Button 2 is a line that is assigned to an ATA. Is it possible to forward that line from the phone and not through CM User? I tried pressing the line button then softkey "CFWD ALL" and I get KEY NOT ACTIVE HERE. Thanks for any advice.

You cannot forward a non-primary line from the phone until UCM version 8.5.

Yes this has been a problem with CCM for sometime. There is a way over the problem but its with a 3rd party application. I think the application is called "Forward Lines" or something from DominoComms. Basically it gave you a list of lines that were configured on the phone and allowed you to add a call forward to it (and change N/A and busy etc (configurable for security))

When did the "CCM User" (Cisco) client first become available? My users use that to control their 2nd (and addt'l) lines on their 7941, 7945, 7965 and 7975 phones.

Without CCMUser we would have to forward them through the administrator app.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

I'm using 8.5 and it hasn't been corrected yet. Still can't forward from 2nd line. Just FYI

You can do it from the CCMUser web interface. That's how we do it and we too have 8.5 - our users prefer the CCMUser method.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back