Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forwarded carried number.

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhulin211

IS-IT--Management
Nov 20, 2013
CA
Hi all, I know there is a work around for this scenario:I have set up a acd (x3333) and am able to dial x3333, all good, but when I setup my phone x4000 call-forwarded-all to x3333, caller will get 'call has been forwared to a voicemail 4000, however...', I know CP take and check called number instead of forwarded number, how can I fix it?
thanks!!!

Do you have MWC flagged to yes

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Hi PERRYPJ, I have set 3333 MWC to yes, but no luck.

If I read your query correctly, then you will need to do one of two things,

1) set up a mailbox with 4000 as the main DN.

2) add extension 4000 as a DN on mailbox 3333, assuming that the ACD queue 3333 has a mailbox.

The reason for this is as you have guessed is that the original extension number dialed (4000) is what the voicemail looks for if the call eventually ends up being answered there. It's done for security reasons to prevent the wrong mailbox from receiving messages.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

thanks FirebirdScrambler, my x3333 is a call script in callpilot (welcome..., press 1 to phone A, press 2 to phone B), then I guess I should not setup mailbox for it, am I right? appreciate your help.

I don't think one will be needed as long as the DN's mentioned when pressing 1 or 2 etc have a mailbox.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

If 4000 is meant to be a voice menu then you need to add it as a Service Directory Number in CallPilot.
You can just forward 4000 directly to the main CallPilot voice messaging DN. Forwarding to 3333 is an unnecessary step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back