Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

call forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHEPER

Technical User
Aug 28, 2003
US
when we use call fwd from our phones no one can hear us when we recieve a call forward to our cell phone can any one help

sheper,
Go to the use of Telco's hook flash transfer feature or 3 way calling feature. There are a few other names Telco uses for this. It will solve your fidelity problems.

PhM

i am very green on this we are a small company that brought the system on line we had the system installed but the man that installed has been little help, so what is a telco flash hook

sheper,
A hook flash is like hitting the hangup button for a second. It activates Telco features or system features on a PBX if so allowed. The hook flash transfer can be used in transfering calls when feature activated by your Telco - if your Telco has this available.
Post back and give us your complete system details and call handling requirements and you'll get a flood of detailed responses if I don't answer fast enough.

PhM

looks likes this is a ics6.0 startalk flash 2.0 with 1 7324 phone and 2 7310 phones

Sheper,
And what/how are the forward calls presently being handled?

PhM

we use the call forward button on the phone then enter a single digit number for what cell phone then the displays says call forward ok

This is what I think is happening...

co----(6db loss)------norstar------(6db loss)----co
combine the 6 db loss on both trunks for a total of 12 db between sites A and B and this is to the central office. Then you add the loss of the party making the call and the loss to your cell phone.
Norstar has no hardware to compensate for the loss between sites A and B
this is relativly common

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS

Hi Sheper,
I'm not 100% certain about what you mean by only using a single digit to forward the phone to.. but I think you are forwarding to routes. Routes are programmed to send calls to different locations.
Appologies. I feel you deserve a reply but I can't give you precise programming instructions.. it's 0030 my time.
What I think you need to do is put a #key or F71 (hook flash) ahead of the route programmed digit string which may have the possibility to access the Telco's hookflash transfer feature and give you the transfered sound quality you desire. Once you activate the feature with your Telco.
Perry is correct with his description of the problem.

Anyone else help here? Otherwise I'll be able to post back in a couple of days with detailed programming.

Rgds
PhM

Hi Sheper,
Can you explain a little more on WHICH digit you enter after using F4 (call forward)? How in from your perspective does the digit relate to a cell phone?

PhM

There really is no solution for this that you can do, What you can try doing is calling the Bell Company and see if they can Improve on the DB Loss on the your lines, I haven't played with this in a while but techs have told me that this improved the conversations.

Norstarguru

arr

the installer set the phone up so that you hit the call fwd then enter your code like 10 and it will ring to your cell phone this is really a poor set up cause what it ties up two phones lines call come in on one then it calls out on the second line you lose alot of volume

the best solution would be arr's with getting a feature from telco that will allow you to transfer calls on your CO line. then you can use feature 7 1 to get transfer dial tone, followed by feature 0 to dial one of your speed dials for your cell phone. end result is better signal quality and your telephone line is free after the transfer is made.

an alternative that could be tried would be to change the lines/trunk settings to long co which gives you a little increase in volume.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

There is a setting in the Norstar corresponding to "Distance from the CO" This setting was intended to be used to adjust DB on a Norstar which is a long distance from a CO, such as a rural location. I have found partial success using this- but let me emphasize partial success. Line Redirection with analog lines to a cell phone is a very poor application even under the most favorable conditions.

Sheper,
Sorry for delay getting back to you. I find Rage's suggestion above a good one and you should try it just to see. If the hook flash transfer would work it would be your best solution. Pity you didn't get a call pilot instead of a flash... you would have better options.
I have failed utterly in my attempts to get the Routing service in CICS Rls 6.0 to accept any host signalling options other than pause F78. What this means ... if I am correct in my failure here... is that until Nortel modifies the routing features the route, pool A, B, or C is selected first before any digits dialed. This means that a 'hook flash' can't be conducted on the incomming trunk as the system picks the other line before digits dialed.

Here is a work around that you may find useful - is good only for small office like yours.
Program Flash to answer after three/four rings.. goes to CCR, CCR provides digit selectable contact options for each office member. For those with cell phone, the digit selected takes caller to a Menu. Menu then could give option to leave MSG press 1 or to contact directly, press two.
Pressing 1 would be a lv msg point - goes straight to the voice mail box. Pressing 2 would be an external transfer with the following dial string:

#71P9Pxxx xxxx#89

Your outdial pool is still A, but the flash is reputed not to care. I haven't set this up as I have no flash at this time ... will have one tomorrow, but there is a post that indicates this works from CCR.

Hope this solution works for you. On the other hand I hope others reading this post have some suggestions that would prove me wrong.

Good Luck

PhM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back