Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Call Forward Unconditional

Status
Not open for further replies.

B657

Programmer
Jul 19, 2007
GB
Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is a bug, a feature, or what. Its just a different result to what I expected.

A user (X201)had foward unconditional set to another user on the same IPO (X202). If any other user calls that person with the fwd, then sure enough they fwd to X202.

However if 202 calls 201, then their phone rings on 201- the fwd is ignored (as it is only going to fwd back again).

I would have expected engaged tone- the guy has fwd'd his calls, he doesnt want to speak to anyone.

The person on 201 would normally be aware that he is recieving 202's calls and so know not to phone him.

ACS - IP Office Implement

That is working as designed. Many other systems operate the same way, the forward destination is the only station that can successfully call the originator.
Mike

Thats not the issue :)

The perception is that this is a good thing and others want the ability to override the fwd.

My argument was that I was surprised that 202 did not get an enaged tone, and should not be allowed to call 201 if they are fwding unconditional.

It's good if you think about it cos then you can ring him and say "I have got your wife on the line". So if it didn't do that people would ask for it....queue the "wife" jokes:)

ACS - IP Office Implement

My wife was at the beauticians for two hours... that was just for the estimate.

if he doesn't want to get any calls then he could use DND as the name states Do Not Disturb and then he would not get any calls and with the forward it works actually too then he will not have the phone ringing beeping snorting or make any other noises.

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Are you sure that 202 is not in 201's DND exeption list
it used to be required to get the operation you are describing (it may have been added to later versions & i didnt notice)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back